Another 205 xud9 conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another 205 xud9 conversion
Hardly breaking the mold here with a xud9 converted 205 but it's something i've wanted to do for a few years but always had other projects to finish, now I finally have the time so here goes.

A few weeks back I bought a 97' 3 door non sunroof 205 derv by accident really as I saw it in a volvo dealers car park that I visit and asked if it was for sale, it was, so this is something to have a play around with over the winter (I have 5 weeks off work as of the 9th of december).

No pictures of the car at the moment but will try to get some over the weekend.

So far I have:
- Lowered the car front and rear 40mm ish
- Fitted saxo vtr discs and calipers on the front (had them in the garage for ages)
- pug1off linkage kit
- fitted a set 14'' partner van steels from the scrap yard
- removed the tow bar
- replaced the o/s handbrake cable
- fitted TD spec front lower bumper

This wednesday I picked up a late 306 xud td engine for £100 (a good runner apparently),
since acquiring it I have replaced the cam belt rocker gasket inlet and exhaust gasket and blocked the egr system off
also cut the top off the fuel solenoid security cover and re routed the wiring to the solenoid for now,
anyway here the company car/work van transporting the engine home

[img][Image: IMG_1698_zpsmxtdp7io.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
Good work! Will be following!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
So today has been a fruitful day in the scrap yard,
My engine came minus the turbo and manifold so I managed to find a T2 with all the pipework etc,
A top mount cooler in good condition as mine is knackered, this will be initially fitted for ease
A transit front mount for future upgrade
A top cam belt cover as mine is cracked
and plenty of other bits to flog on eBay which makes my parts F.O.C which is a bonus

Fitted the turbo and inlet, cleaned and greased the actuator threads and tweaked it a little.

[Image: IMG_1701_zpsmw3z8nqt.jpg]
[img][Image: IMG_1702_zpsgt7jyhty.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
Photo 
Fueling and Boost compensator tweeked, also found a suitable sized turbo for a gearbox mounted job  [Image: smile.png]

[Image: IMG_1709_zpsjpygpppb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1257_zpsj7ftn3ol.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's a sizeable turbo! Watch for rods...

I guess you're getting a Bosch at some point too?
Thanks given by:
Nevermind rods. He'll never spool it with a lucas, allen key tweak or not.
You'll need a GT2052V in front of it at least.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Lol,
I think I would need more than a ve pump to turn that, It's 1200hp of European truck racing Holset , or at least it was until it went into meltdown on the last outing.

It will be going bosch pump and front mount with a biggish turbo next summer, all depends what turbos I can find in the scrapyard.
I do come across the mg zt garret gt2052ls fairly often but usually sell them on due to having a decent used sale value but might keep a good'un for myself.
Thanks given by:
Yes I wasn't expecting that to be on the XUD lol.

Might be the same model turbo as Cummins run on their 38+L engines I looked after a couple of years ago, especially seeing as Holset is Cummins Turbo Technology....
Thanks given by:
turbo and half Smile
Thanks given by:
Lovely clean looking and late 205 that is! Big Grin

If your in need of parts drop me a PM, i run a breakers yard for a day job and love finding parts for peoples obscure projects Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
yeah not been a looked after example paint wise, Not many old dears clay bar and wax paint unfortunately,
Thanks given by:
Well it's in and running,
while it was in bits i did several other bits including plating the ns headlamp panel and inner wing as rust had started to take hold,
De powered the steering rack and replaced the Brake master cylinder and pipes
it hasn't got the coolant in yet as GSF decided the wanted to give me a Radiator for a vauxhall astra in a pug box which I have just been and swapped over.
made the most of a Mitsubishi FTO 2.5'' stainless exhaust system I've had for ages in the garage by making my own system, it should flow plenty for future power upgrades too
[Image: IMG_1729_zpsfd35yp1r.jpg][Image: IMG_1730_zpsilm7ccu0.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1731_zpsodx5dbwr.jpg][Image: IMG_1732_zpsffnzl0bt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking good man. really really want a 205 in the future. i missed the one i wanted to buy a while back and have regretted it ever since!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
got the new rad fitted today and filled with coolant only to find i had a leak from one the the alloy pipes from the heater matrix on the bulkhead, a trip to euro car parts and £12.90 means I have another job to do
Thanks given by:
Nice progress, would love an XUD 205. Can't help think now is the time to buy a good car to do it on but annoyingly it just isn't the right time for me

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Good to see another 205 on here, there seems to be a few more popping up on here now. Some good progress coming along on it as well. What clutch /gearbox setup you running on this?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks given by:
Currently the 205 be3 with a new 200mm Valeo while I source a hdi box, I know it won't last long but does keep things moving forward as I hate having things in bits for months.

I didn't manage to get the matrix fitted today but did paint the bumper and fit the cheap eBay red trim too as original gti ones are hard to come by, Also fitted amber front indicators, jus cos retro

[Image: fullsizeoutput_2b9_zpsksnr5zzd.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ive got a spare hdi box here in bury st edmunds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the offer Bash but too far for me to collect even at the bargain price, On another note do you still have the 10mm bosch ?
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2016, 07:01 PM)BashRacing Wrote: Cheers for the offer Bash but too far for me to collect even at the bargain price, On another note do you still have the 10mm bosch ?

no its gone but i can always build another if you want one
Thanks given by:
yeah if you could, do you have injectors and lines too, saves me shopping around
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2016, 08:22 PM)BashRacing Wrote: yeah if you could, do you have injectors and lines too, saves me shopping around

no i dont ill price the pump up though im sure i can get hold of the bits needed. may take a month or so though to source the pump at a reasonable price to make it worthwhile for me lol
Thanks given by:
yeah that's fine i'm in no rush
send me a text on 07752 484504 and we'll sort something out
Thanks given by:
Picked up a Gti front subframe and rear lower valance today
I also ordered some Bilstein b4 gti6 front shocks and xsara vts rear shocks yesterday the front left turned up on it's own today which isn't much use the rest are on back order.[Image: IMG_1745_zpsbjvtqy1n.jpg][Image: IMG_1747_zpshhjx1ig4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Subframe fitted and rear valance sprayed platinum silver and fitted,
the other 3 shocks turned up from tweeks too , it looks like I'm going to have to move the front brake pipe brackets as the gti arb drop links touch them in the fully extended position.
I also acquired a saxo vts rear 22mm arb and 306 end plates from the scrappers to replace the 16mm that the derv spec has,
that should bring the rear axle up to a nice fast road spec as the torsion bars are the 18.6mm gti units as standard in the diesel.

[Image: IMG_1748_zpsbgphonkm.jpg]
Thanks given by: