Joined for the knowledge on the xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joined for the knowledge on the xud
Hello folks,

I've joined to gain a bit more knowledge of the xud9 tuning, 
I've had a bit of previous experience with the bosch ve coming from land rovers tdi's and i was trained on them when i worked for Case NH tractors years ago but looking for what works best on these pugs.
I have a '97 205 3dr non sunroof base spec derv but it will be going td over the coming months,

the plan is as well as running the clio in the harewood championship to run a turbo diesel 205 to show a few people up

No pics of the 205 but here is my current Clio hillclimb car and my previous pugs,

Dave

[Image: IMG_0333_zpsnnqo2gof.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1233_zpsfsto2o36.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0181_zpsegfmnygs.jpg]
[Image: DSC00616_zpsycmxk1ct.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, nice user name. Be aware if youre gonna race an xud a big big radiator is required they heat up very fast! May have to have one made for the 205. Also rods are a weak point as well if youre after any decent power Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Mr Bash,
I'll have a dig through the scrap yard for a big rad that will fit, are the hdi rods the ones to have and are they from any early 2.0 hdi engines ? any other parts i should be on the look out for in the scrappers?
Thanks given by:
Hdi rods are an upgrade but by a long shot not bullet proof. The newer dw10 engine variants from recent cars have better rods but still not bullet proof from what i hear. Forged is the only way to be 100% confident though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along. I managed to keep good temps on track with an eBay aluminium rad and good airflow to it. But yeah idi dun half put a lot of heat through the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Just finishing a 205 Dt myself, won't be used for track as such but no doubt it'll see it at some point ! Shout up if you have any major issues with installing anything
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
nice one, thanks

just part way reading through zx volcane's build, it's like the never ending story, just awesome
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Nice looking cars there Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome! i'm sure I recognise that S1 rallye Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, another diesel Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, looks like a nice selection of cars you've had. Your in the right place to find out about xud tuning etc.

I got a 205 with a 1.9 xud turbo diesel lump in it for my daily at the moment, only a slight tune on it but it goes pretty well for what it is. Certainly like to think it has the surprise factor to it. I look forward to see a project thread up for yours.
Thanks given by:
What's the best way to go regarding clutch and flywheel,
with the car being a NA xud it only has the 200mm clutch in it atm,
would a full 306 engine and box be fairly straight forward fit or should i be on the lookout for 205 td 215mm flywheel.

I've seen CG motorsport do a few option for the 200mm clutch which is the other possibility and would mean being able to keep the standard box etc
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! LOADS of info on the XUD here, great things (so great I'm trying to get another after selling mine last year)!

Nice Clio, I've got a 182 myself.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2016, 09:23 PM)BashRacing Wrote: What's the best way to go regarding clutch and flywheel,
with the car being a NA xud it only has the 200mm clutch in it atm,
would a full 306 engine and box be fairly straight forward fit or should i be on the lookout for 205 td 215mm flywheel.

I've seen CG motorsport do a few option for the 200mm clutch which is the other possibility and would mean being able to keep the standard box etc

I'm not totally up on 205 conversions.

However I think you can run a TD box from a 306 with 205 driveshafts by swapping the diff over.

Should be more options with a 215mm.

Personally I'd go with a stock cover plate + a sprung paddle pressure plate from helix or similar.

CG clutches are hit and miss, and if you miss, they really don't want to know with helping you out.
Thanks given by:
Yes you can run a 306 setup with the 205 diff have a look at my project thread

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=20620

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post