Best clutch for stage 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best clutch for stage 2
Hi i have a 306 hdi estate 
Stage 2 
And the clutch started slipping on boost 
I have a gti6 flywheel so got the dturbo clutch 
Whats the best one stage 2 or stage 3 or what make ??
Only boosting at 18 but getting turned up to 22
Thanks given by:
This really is a can of worms. It all depends how much you want to spend but if you want the 'best' most people will say helix.

You may as well got straight to a stage 3 paddle clutch in my opinion, they aren't too bad to drive with. Though if you wanted a cheaper option you could get a brand new valeo standard clutch as the xud style clutch does seem to hold the torque a bit better.

Any idea how old the clutch that is fitted at the moment is?
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Frosty Wrote: This really is a can of worms. It all depends how much you want to spend but if you want the 'best' most people will say helix.

You may as well got straight to a stage 3 paddle clutch in my opinion, they aren't too bad to drive with. Though if you wanted a cheaper option you could get a brand new valeo standard clutch as the xud style clutch does seem to hold the torque a bit better.

Not sure mate was looking at stage 3 larkspeed one on ebay
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 06:15 PM)L16rye Wrote:
(15-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Frosty Wrote: This really is a can of worms. It all depends how much you want to spend but if you want the 'best' most people will say helix.

Not sure mate was looking at stage 3 larkspeed one on ebay

Ok a few have used them i think, bit of mixed reports. Im pretty sure there just a CG clutch but not 100% sure
Thanks given by:
A lot of people have used sachs and helix paddle clutches with good results, CG i would avoid like the plague despite the tempting price.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch kit Stage 2 ? MrBigMac 54 9,725 28-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Stage 2 Clutch Chris HDI 15 3,628 23-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Best clutch for a stage 1 hdi? Iceman299 10 3,168 05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Iceman299