Millers Diesel Power Ecomax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millers Diesel Power Ecomax
Alright guys,

Any of you guys ever used this stuff? Seems brilliant since I put it in. Very quiet and the idle is perfect now Big Grin
5 tank fulls in one bottle Smile
Thanks given by:
Got a link? I've been debating trying one of these type additives.
Thanks given by:
does it work out cheaper than just using a fuel that already has additive in?
Thanks given by:
Yeah quite a bit cheaper I think.
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-...omax-500ml
Thanks given by:
Hmm, £10.50 on trade, might have to grab one to try.

Cheers!
Thanks given by:
sounds like a mix of ethanol and 2stroke oil.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Whatever it is it made a much more noticeable difference than 2 stroke did Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've used this in my mk4 golf and it made the mpg improve straight away.
Thanks given by:
tbh i just pop a tny bit of non ashing 2stroke in it, does, or seems to do exactly the same thing
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I thought that would work but I noticed very little difference with low ash 2-stroke. Don't get me wrong it quietened the rattle of the injectors a tiny bit but did nothing for smooth idle, smoke, or poke. This stuff seems to have made a more noticable change. Maybe something to do with the cetane boost which is about 30% of the mix. (Found the MSDS data sheet haha of the old stuff. Presume it will probably be the same for this one or very similar)
Thanks given by:
Have used this in the past in the xud - happy to report I didn't notice a difference at all
Thanks given by:
Doesn't suprise me tbh. Different engine styles could have different effects though tbf.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like bongo-bongo magic super bullshit juice to me!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the "injector rattle" is nothing to do with the noise of the injectors, it is purely combustion noise from excessive pilot injection. Stop trying to add magic potions to quieten it down, if you want to stop it, get the pilot injection quantity turned down in your map.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I've used it for nearly 3 years now.... not religously but I normally have two or three bottles a year and it does seem to be perkier when used. Put it in the Alhambra too and its quietened that right down, sounded really lumpy when I first got it a few tanks later ticks over nice and smooth now. Could it be the placebo effect? Probably but I'd rather put a dash of it in every now and then especially when using supermarket fuels but over other additives Millers do seem to base their claims on actual sciences so I'm happy paying for it every now and then... especially over Redex.
Thanks given by:
first time i used it it stoped my injector rattel can't say much more than that
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2016, 10:16 AM)Ruan Wrote: Sounds like bongo-bongo magic super bullshit juice to me!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the "injector rattle" is nothing to do with the noise of the injectors, it is purely combustion noise from excessive pilot injection. Stop trying to add magic potions to quieten it down, if you want to stop it, get the pilot injection quantity turned down in your map.

^ This. Only thing that stopped my injector rattle was changing from 062 to 073 injectors (supposedly newer?). 

Fuel system cleaner can only clean what is dirty, if your fuel system was clean to start off with, it won't do anything.
Thanks given by: