What's it worth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's it worth?
I'm looking for a decent D-Turbo or HDI and have come across the following, fairly local to me - hoped you might let me know your thoughts as to price and areas to check Smile

2001 HDI Meridian 5 door in the dark metallic red on a Y plate - so cheaper tax
Tax and MOT till November
102,000 miles

Everything else bog stock as far as I can see from photos - leaf pattern half leather interior, the 'flat' 5 spoke alloys (don't know their name sorry)
Seller tells me everything such as electric windows, central locking etc works

Only 'issue' is the airbag light is on - asked him if the seats been changed but allegedly not but from what I've read, sometimes a loose conector, wire shorting on the seat frame etc could cause?

Ideally I would prefer a 3 door, but this seems to stack up as a decent starting point.......depending on what you reckon price wise?

What do you think it should be worth?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Considering the mileage, I would expect to pay around £700.

Edit: Actually, it does have quite a lot of road tax left, so maybe a bit more.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
how much as he got it up for? and the wheels are "lasers"
id think about 1k
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:how much as he got it up for? and the wheels are "lasers"
id think about 1k

Thought I'd wait and see what the consensus was first Smile

It's up for £800 - already come down to £700 for quick sale, but that's without me seeing it yet

'Lasers'.......in an Austin Powers style voice yeh? Wink
Thanks given by:
£700 sounds completely reasonable there matw
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
dont worry about the air bag light either. normaly just the conector under one of the seats. easy fix.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You know the old saying that 'when something sounds too good to be true.....' - well, I think it's just been proved

Being of a careful disposition when it comes to parting with £££'s, I ran an HPI check on the HDi that I was going to go and see tonight

I'd spoken to the 'owner' who turned out to be a dealer who'd got the car from a main dealer, taken in part-ex but too old to go on the forecourt - he sounded okay - car sounded straight enough - he'd surrendered the tax so would need taxing and was honest enough about a few bits of lacquer peel and a chunk out of the sidewall of one of the tyres

However, HPI check says that the claimed mileage of 102,000 'may' be slightly out.......since being registered in March 2001, the car had its mileage recorded by the main dealer at each visit and by March 2002 had clocked up 48,000 miles......72,000 miles by September 2002 and then remarkably back to 24,000 miles in March 2003!!!

330,000 miles in March 2004 (according to DVLA records), then back down to 100,000 by May 2010.....and now apparently only 102,000......1,000 miles a year for the last 2 years??

Oh, and 11 owners since 2001

You all may tell me I'm being too cautious and it's still a good price......but not for me

If anyone wants the details, let me know - located in Nelson, North West England

Smile
Thanks given by: