Thoughts on people that mod cars not knowing what they do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on people that mod cars not knowing what they do
THEY'RE NOT FITTED, OH NO!

YOU'RE GONNA CRASH
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
The Westfield didnt have an anti roll bar, ok its only ~500kg but that handled amazing

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2016, 10:23 AM)toseland Wrote: Maybe I am just not explaining myself well enough.. lets leave this here then.
with respect Toseland, life is about learning, you need to realise who Philip (Ripthrough) is, what he does and take what he's saying as a lesson learnt, he knows what he's talking about re. this subject Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It cost me a reach-around to get Matt to post that.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: 1616six
(09-11-2016, 04:00 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: It cost me a reach-around to get Matt to post that.

ahhhhhh yeaaaaaaah Tongue

He's also from The North even better South Yorkshire, means he's much more likely to be right than anyone South of Nottingham Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: Rippthrough
..so ACTUALLY going back to the title of this thread; i'm all for people 'modifying' cars and using their first cars to experiment and learn things.

I think, as long as you ensure your knowledge is at its best and you ensure that you've followed a guide, or at least have a real understanding of, not just the mechnanics side, doing up nuts and bolts, but the knowledge of mechnics ie, what does this component actually do...

I've made many 'bodges' in my time because either i can't find a like-for-like component, or, i need it to work quickly and can fix without either an OE item, or can do it cheaper.

The whole idea of (the bulk) of this forum is to discuss what YOU do rather than boasting/discussing about jobs/careers/lifestyles etc.

Myself - I do it for the fun. I enjoy tinkering. The project at the moment won't stay with me. I'll build, drive briefly and sell it... and then start again
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I couldn't get a hose for my 406 yesterday so out came the silicone...

[Image: CoupeICVHose.jpg]

Will my car roll over from the higher CoG given the silicone one is heavier?
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2016, 08:03 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: I couldn't get a hose for my 406 yesterday so out came the silicone...

Yes.

DIY = DEATH!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
DIY=Death Is a certaintY

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Shit. So I should just leave it off and let the engine suck air and shit through the gaps instead, yeah?
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2016, 08:03 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: I couldn't get a hose for my 406 yesterday so out came the silicone...

What an earth is that?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Silicone hose to connect the idle valve - the original rubber ones are no longer made. The wire is just to hold the silicone while it cures.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2016, 11:47 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Silicone hose to connect the idle valve - the original rubber ones are no longer made. The wire is just to hold the silicone while it cures.
Thats pretty cool. Good stuff ??

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 10:57 PM)toseland Wrote: And all the closet f*cking experts here

A significant part of my job is testing vehicle suspension kinematics and compliance, including back to back roll tests with and without ARBs on passenger cars, light commercials and Formula One cars.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert but still...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2nd Thoughts chylledapps 15 3,567 24-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Thoughts on mk1 mx5 Jtrigga 34 11,214 18-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars! Dum-Dum 37 14,998 27-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii