So.... This happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So.... This happened
Big Grin 
Long story short i needed to escape 'normal everyday life' as alot has happened within my little world.. anyway less feeling sorry for myself back to the post.... so this happened! an unintentional trip across the channel in the Bus with no real plan!
For members here that don't recognise me as i was a member of Club-306 for many years seeing me build up my Dturbo, which crossings happened a few times in her 

And finally ending up with Moretts

Anyway the inevitable happened and i ended up at the Nurburgring!
In a bog standard HDI estate.... this can only go well right? So the bus was       my transport        my race car      and my accommodation
Yes you can fit a make shift double bed in the back of an estate! as long as you no taller than 5,8 haha
Much my and probably alot of peoples amusement the car surprised me after 4 laps with all the bravery pills i could swallow we managed a 10minutes 22second lap (bridge to gantry)! with all the bedding, food and water removed im sure i wouldn't have been far off cracking the 10 minute lap time!
Proof will be uploaded during this week but for now enjoy some more photo's

For all what it is worth the hdi engine impressed me and as every car should puts a massive smile on your face.
Not because it's fast... it really isn't! but because its a different challenge and its simply a fun car to enjoy driving!
Thanks given by:
Loving this. Especially as the total racing solution Wink
Thanks given by:
When I slept in the estate I had my head up the boot end. With the front seats pulled all the way forwards and the lowers of the rear seats removed there is room for 6'4" me to lay fully flat (although with my feet dangling slightly.)
Thanks given by:
Your old D Turbo looks smart! Cracking effort with the trip, how many days did you do it across?
Thanks given by:
Great little write up Ben, as i said on facebook looks pretty epic trip. Your dt is what got me into the 306 tuning side of things and the forums so i have you to thank for a lot of it.

Defo a trip i want to do myself at some point.
Thanks given by:
Very cool, love the ring!
Did you pay for those photos, no watermarks?
Thanks given by:
Looks like you nailed your timing with the visit, no traffic there at all!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Welcome back Ben!!

God I have been in the 306 far to long!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2016, 05:45 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: Loving this. Especially as the total racing solution Wink
Haha you know it Wink

(16-10-2016, 06:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: When I slept in the estate I had my head up the boot end. With the front seats pulled all the way forwards and the lowers of the rear seats removed there is room for 6'4" me to lay fully flat (although with my feet dangling slightly.)
This guys thinks out the box haha like it!

(16-10-2016, 06:33 PM)reese Wrote: Your old D Turbo looks smart! Cracking effort with the trip, how many days did you do it across?
The Dt was my baby but got to the point where the next stage for me was big money and it got to the point where tax is £240 i wanted new discs and pads as the track abuse ate the discs and four new tyres so i was already looking at £650 just to keep it on the road without being able to play, which at the time was more than i could afford. She sat idol for 2 years before i done finally decided to give her up due to having nowhere to keep her... heart breaking that was. but.... she is in safe hands and is currently being rebuilt Wink although again it will be heart breaking seeing her in another guys hands... 
I admire darren for keeping to the original car at the end of the day something i should have done

I stayed for two days at the Nurburg and one night in Bruges usually i would stay longer but the time off work was short Sad

(16-10-2016, 06:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: Great little write up Ben, as i said on facebook looks pretty epic trip. Your dt is what got me into the 306 tuning side of things and the forums so i have you to thank for a lot of it.

Defo a trip i want to do myself at some point.
Thanks buddy the facebook write up is a little more in depth this was just a drop a picture of an estate driving the ring sit back and watch the reactions haha
Im not sure if i should be apologising or feel honoured by your comment about getting you into the tuning side of things haha

(16-10-2016, 07:48 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Very cool, love the ring!
Did you pay for those photos, no watermarks?
I did pay for these two there is a third but i haven't received it yet
There is about 10 on various sites of my car but the three i picked are my favourites Smile

(16-10-2016, 08:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: Looks like you nailed your timing with the visit, no traffic there at all!
Well i thought that haha just at the end of the season plus it was mid week with two hour sessions not full days so it puts people off.
2 hours is more than enough for me.
Plus the second day was damp so very few people ventured out. Stick to the dry line and you'll be fine haha i posted my fastest time in the wet!  Huh

(16-10-2016, 08:58 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Welcome back Ben!!

God I have been in the 306 far to long!
Hey Darren Smile you saved that dt from an early grave!!
I have owned the dturbo, 2x Cabriolets, the ex's hdi and now in the estate... i can't get out of the things haha
Thanks given by:
Would like to see the vids, be interesting what a stock wagon looks like around the ring!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats happened to all the cheap cars!! bashbarnard 23 8,583 07-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  What's happened to Toms306? Silky 7 2,387 02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Silky
  this happened to anyone else before? willJspears 10 2,229 23-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Last Post: r3k1355