Its Friday!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Friday!
So what are we all doing the weekend?

My weekend is as follows:

Today: Work then chill

Saturday: Work, fit lightbar on the disco then do some jobs around the house / eat takeaway.

Sunday: Take the little one off for the day in the landrover, go grab a mates cage trailer and get a few ton of logs for mother while the gf has to work Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Friday: drop the cooked engine out of the bini this morning then a meeting with the accountants in the afternoon.... Exciting stuff 

Saturday: spend what will probably be all day cutting up steel for a footbridge I'm making 

Sunday: day off!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
friday: work then sailing club meeting
saturday: painting at the sailing club, 24v c5 work, saab fixing, 306 fixing
sunday: painting at the sailing club, 24v c5 work, saab fixing, 306 fixing
Thanks given by:
today: 'work', well college until 12. Then go to High peak to hopefully buy a 206hdi

tomorrow: grease sliders on 330's front brakes, mess with the 206 if i have it

sunday: have no idea lol
Thanks given by:
Friday - Work in Nottingham hopefully have an early finish. Takeaway and Big Bang later.

Saturday - Sort holiday clothes art.

Sunday - Mundane tasks. Food shop ect.
Thanks given by:
Friday - finish work early, walk dog. Mrs is changing jobs so she's out on a last meal with her old work colleagues so I'm having beer and pizza for tea and watching something on tv

Saturday - dog walking, then having dinner with my dear old mum as my dad is away, then mundane tasks all afternoon.

Sunday - working
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Saturday - Cleaning both cars inside and out - Golf and GTi6
Sunday - Tidying the shed, neatening up the GTi6's interior and trying to figure out how to fit my oil cooler
Thanks given by:
Friday - machine polishing the new daily to death as part of its winter prep and because it's new (to me) and swirly....out for lunch with my mate next door then need to nip to the scrappy to get some oem speaker connectors for the mondeo.

Saturday - finishing machine polishing, then glaze, seal and wax said new daily. Oh,and sell old Mondeo and hopefully watch Leicester best Chelsea

Sunday - probably complain a lot that my shoulders and arms hurt from all the machine polishing. Sit on my arse, drink cider and pack for week away to east coast for half term with the family.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
What new daily you got?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Nothing special Tom. A diesel Insignia. I'm doing 70 miles a day to work and back and an old thirsty V6 Mondeo just doesn't cut it anymore.

59 plate, 61k, full history. Neighbour sold it to me cheap at £4k. Does 50mpg on the work run. I'm happy!

[Image: received_10154068336257753_zpscw1haclw.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Solid daily mate. I know all about long commutes I've been driving to Hinckley from Grantham every day for last 3 months! Thankfully I'm back at Peterborough now!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Ooooof. Thats not a nice drive at all!

She's starting to look pretty good after a polish....

[Image: WP_20161002_16_03_21_Pro_zpsnjhyjvv2.jpg]

Been working on technique and starting to get a serious amount of gloss out of the paint as well as getting about 95% correction....

[Image: WP_20161013_16_50_30_Pro_zpseqofc1op.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Today: Work then home. Missus is off out with her friend for the evening and I'm on cab duty. Cleaned the house and slobbed on the sofa awaiting the drunken phone call to collect two drunk girls....
Tomorrow: Work at 8am for an hour and then pop round to see my nan for a cup of tea. Nothing after that!
Sunday: Go to collect a fridge, chill out
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2016, 08:09 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Ooooof. Thats not a nice drive at all!

She's starting to look pretty good after a polish....

[pic]

Been working on technique and starting to get a serious amount of gloss out of the paint as well as getting about 95% correction....

[pic]

Looks very good, great job!

I've got a DAS 6 dual action that I haven't used yet, what products would you recommend for starting off?
Thanks given by:
It's as much about technique as it is kit....

I use a Flex VRG machine. It's a direct drive DA. Power of a rotary, safety of a DA.

Get some decent compounds and pads. I use Menzerna compounds and Lake Country pads. I had a DAS6 to start with and had good results with CG Hexlogic pads and Menzerna compounds.

Again, it's as much about technique as anything. Find the right pad/compounds combo for your paint and the machine just makes it easy.

Get yourself onto Detailing World.........so much info on there!
Thanks given by: