Middle box delete and crank pulley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle box delete and crank pulley
Hi all,

One of my boxes had a loose baffle and sounds horrible so I'm looking at the Hoffman middle Box delete pipe and a new back box with the chrome Tip rather than the current sloopy exit thing! Also hollowing out cat to assist the remap. What's the noise difference? I don't want a noisy car! 

Crank pulley, just gone through two 'new' crank pulleys and both machined wonky making the auxiliary belt wonky so on the squeaky original at the moment. What's you guys source of decent pulleys or 307 item? (Link please!?) 

Thanks a lot
Thanks given by:
Getting rid of the mid box will make a bit of a difference to noise but not as much as getting rid of the back box. Normal driving you prob wont notice a huge difference. Will notice more of a difference when you put your foot down.

As for the crank pulleys i got a 307 one on mine and have had no issue, i just got hold of a 2nd hand one.
Thanks given by:
Midbox is pretty much straight through anyway so will just gain more noise really.
Im with Frosty on the solid 307 pulley, had mine on one for 60k with no issues so far!
Thanks given by:
Ideal thanks!

Any 307 HDI pulley?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131939878829

?
Thanks given by:
Thats like the one i'm using.
Thanks given by:
Likewise. I've always used these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301747656944?_...EBIDX%3AIT

As MY95 says, the mid-box delete will create more noise without much benefit, it's the backbox that needs to be changed. Do you know which box has the issue? I would suspect it's the rear box or the cat (if you still have it).

Also, if you can wait a week or so our company will begin development on a direct-fit backbox for these.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
More info needed on the direct fit backbox Poodle! Pressuming its a custom one straight through or something your making?
Thanks given by:
The back box will be either a straight pipe or a straight through box, direct fit to the stock midsection, depending on what you're looking for.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by: MY95
So the general consensus is removing the middle box has no benefit? I was doing it more for the sake of simplicity though!
Thanks given by:
No real benefit no, that straight pipe hoffman sell will last longer than a standard cheap mid box, but then isnt far off twice the price of a ECP midbox, so up to you.
Thanks given by:
Will be interested in the back box. Would you be doing it for the estate as will. Keep us in form will you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
We certainly can, the design is only slightly different.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just let me know when your up and running pm me when you have details. For got to say cheers for the 406 pipe just got the last few bends to sort out and it's all up and running.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
We will be making a proper introduction for the business very soon, shortly after which we will begin releasing full details of products as and when we complete development. Keep an eye out as we will be looking for input with regards to future products as well.

Glad to hear you got the pipe ok, hope to see a project thread up soon!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Bloody hell, bought a 2nd hand 307 pulley and it arrived with the rubber dampener so not a solid one! Breaker replied

"

I can categorically confirm, that this is indeed removed from a 307 2.0 HDI 90bhp. We have dismantled many 307's over the years, and this pulley is exactly the same as the other 90bhp 307 HDI'S we have dismantled. Can you confirm your vehicle engine code? Alternatively, if you let us know your vehicle registration, we can check to see which engine you have, as this will not fit the 110bhp model.

"

Can someone point in the right direction for a solid pulley?
Thanks given by:
Did you see a pic of it before you bought it?
Thanks given by:
The 307 ones do still have a rubber part, but they are a different design. Is it the same as the one i posted up there ^^^?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The 307s came with BOTH types on dependant upon rpo number. Its why i always ask for a picture first Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yer there was a picture, just a crapy EBay one and until now I didn't know there were two type, and as you can see this one is poor for the 306 style one.

[Image: E1FE88AE-DDF4-437C-8F06-0ED71E30C819_zpsyrzo54qf.jpg]

Any links to the correct type? New or used.
Thanks given by:
That looks like the right 1 to me from what i can tell from the pic. Though the rubber doesn't look the greatest of condition.
Thanks given by:
But the 307 pulley is supposed to be solid!

I'm so confused
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2016, 09:58 PM)allye Wrote: But the 307 pulley is supposed to be solid!

I'm so confused

No the 307 one we like is meant to dampened just not in the same way as the 306 two piece job. Get a full picture and put it up. The only completly solid one ive ever seen is the lynx enginering ones
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
That's the right one, it's just in poor condition. This is the issuse with buying second-hand parts.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2016, 06:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: That's the right one, it's just in poor condition. This is the issuse with buying second-hand parts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291458929238 

Yay or nay?
Thanks given by:
Febi parts are good Allye, always buy new if you can, especially important parts like this, had a solid 307 febi pulley on mine for the last 65k with no issues.
Thanks given by:
Yer I always try to use febi, just asking if that's the correct 307 item, 16v?
Thanks given by:
No that's the original style one, here's that link again: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301747656944?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Ooo found a cheap one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crankshaft-Cra...SwMtxXrxtZ
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Top man, thanks just ordered that one.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pas delete, aircon delete, squeally belt mayhem dr_jekyll 16 3,389 11-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  Crank pulley compatibility Dreijers 0 1,098 01-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Dreijers
  crank pulley/de air con and belt pug306driver 7 2,839 24-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Poodle