Fabia Vrs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabia Vrs
What are these like then? Anyome on here had/has or has driven one?
What are they like compared to a 306 hdi stage 1? 
Getting cheap now! Map nicely too.
Thanks given by:
Ran one for couple of years 2009-2011. Best car I've ever owned.

Was rapid in stage 1 tune(mine made179bhp), 50mpg but handling was shite
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Fabia shares a platform with the Polo and Ibiza so lots of options for suspension gear.
Ibiza FR/Sport suspension is stiffer then vRS, some say too stiff.

Thicker front ARB and the addition of a rear ARB will probably sort most things out.
Thanks given by:
I haven't really had to much to do with them other than mot the odd one that comes in work. Though if i didn't have 306s they prob would be one of the cars i would consider, is that a bad thing?
Thanks given by:
Had a couple! One standard and one mapped with a couple of bits - rear ARB, discs and pads etc.

They don't handle quite as well as a 306 and the standard cloth interior isn't very pretty and marks easily but they are fantastic little cars, nippy and economical! Might be worth looking at the Ibiza FR TDI, same car but a little bit lighter!

Size up would be Mk4 Golf GT TDI or a Leon Cupra / FR TDI.
Thanks given by:
if you can get one with the optional leather that's better
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
If it's anything like the octavia VRS diesel it'll be shit. Boring, uninspiring, understeery, low quality interior and german but not as reliable as a BMW
Thanks given by:
The overall ownership experience was good, and the club is good. But part of what I enjoyed about it was nobody really knew Skodas were any good back then. Now it's not a surprise and that's kinda killed some of the fun
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2016, 01:00 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If it's anything like the octavia VRS diesel it'll be shit. Boring, uninspiring, understeery, low quality interior and german but not as reliable as a BMW

People who have owned both state that they are more fun than the Octavia VRS.

(09-10-2016, 07:14 AM)Orta Wrote: The overall ownership experience was good, and the club is good. But part of what I enjoyed about it was nobody really knew Skodas were any good back then. Now it's not a surprise and that's kinda killed some of the fun

True, very much an underdog back in those days when they came out!
Thanks given by:
Shame they dont handle as well as the 306 out the box, but can reap power and big power much easier out of them, heard the Ibiza's have a harsh ride, too harsh for some. Only MK5 Golfs interest me and the same platform of Leon, MK4s/older shape Leon getting on and most look very ropey now, and will have been abused without much interest as every numpty seems to buy an old golf now rather than any other old car to spend pennies on maintining them sicne they are German.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2016, 12:50 PM)MY95 Wrote: Shame they dont handle as well as the 306 out the box, but can reap power and big power much easier out of them, heard the Ibiza's have a harsh ride, too harsh for some. Only MK5 Golfs interest me and the same platform of Leon, MK4s/older shape Leon getting on and most look very ropey now, and will have been abused without much interest as every numpty seems to buy an old golf now rather than any other old car to spend pennies on maintining them sicne they are German.

I've got a Mk5 Golf GT TDI 140 at the moment for my daily - it's a great all round car but not as fun as the Fabia was. As it is the platform up it does have more space and is a little more practical though.
Thanks given by:
How is it not as fun as the Fabia? Engine supposedly isn't massively reliable and nowhere near as bombproof as the fabia's pd130 ive heard.
Thanks given by:
Bombproof PD130?? lmao
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2016, 06:14 PM)MY95 Wrote: How is it not as fun as the Fabia? Engine supposedly isn't massively reliable and nowhere near as bombproof as the fabia's pd130 ive heard.

The Fabia felt slightly quicker and more nimble being a smaller car and chassis.

(09-10-2016, 06:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Bombproof PD130?? lmao

I think what he means is that the 1.9 has a reputation for being more reliable than the 2.0.
Thanks given by: MY95
The downside with anything vag is the tendency to understeer, makes for a much less inspiring drive. Yes, they are fast. But going from the 306 you'll always be disappointed with the handling.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Cheers Jonny! Yeah the oversteer on roundabout is pretty hilarious and good fun, would miss that to be honest!
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=34354

I thought we had already well covered this subject? :roll:
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
My bad lol
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2016, 10:09 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=34354

I thought we had already well covered this subject? :roll:

Was trying to find that the other night lol
Thanks given by:
Also, if I was looking at Fabias I'd be looking at getting one in the £2-2.5K region. £1.5k will typically get you a very well used one and may well end up costing you more than your 306 currently does.
(08-10-2016, 05:48 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Thicker front ARB and the addition of a rear ARB will probably sort most things out.

you dont want bigger on the front, inly the rear.

TT wishbone bushes, bigger front brakes, intercooler upgrade (still side mount) decat and a map -200 bhp.

standard dampers and springs work, don't lower it as its already low.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
As per last thread i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Loads of my friends have one as they bought into the hype, they are all replacing turbos and gearboxes all the time wile my megane thrashes them on every level as standard and gives me no hassle, is comfier and returns better MPG with a bigger boot and better spec for less money ThumbsUp
Team Cyril
(10-10-2016, 10:43 PM)reese Wrote: Also, if I was looking at Fabias I'd be looking at getting one in the £2-2.5K region. £1.5k will typically get you a very well used one and may well end up costing you more than your 306 currently does.

Cheers for the advice!
Just going to keep the 306, then when the good ones come down a bit further I may invest!

(11-10-2016, 08:26 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: As per last thread i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Loads of my friends have one as they bought into the hype, they are all replacing turbos and gearboxes all the time wile my megane thrashes them on every level as standard and gives me no hassle, is comfier and returns better MPG with a bigger boot and better spec for less money ThumbsUp

You and your Meganes Matt Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2016, 09:06 AM)MY95 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 10:43 PM)reese Wrote: Also, if I was looking at Fabias I'd be looking at getting one in the £2-2.5K region. £1.5k will typically get you a very well used one and may well end up costing you more than your 306 currently does.

Cheers for the advice!
Just going to keep the 306, then when the good ones come down a bit further I may invest!

(11-10-2016, 08:26 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: As per last thread i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Loads of my friends have one as they bought into the hype, they are all replacing turbos and gearboxes all the time wile my megane thrashes them on every level as standard and gives me no hassle, is comfier and returns better MPG with a bigger boot and better spec for less money ThumbsUp

You and your Meganes Matt Tongue lol

Oh believe me theres some much better cars out there than a megane... just none of them are fabia vrs's :lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Can agree the ride in my Ibiza is pretty bad on poor quality roads, my friends and family do comment on how it can find bumps that no other car can, even my brother bitches about it and he drivers slammed drift cars!! But does not bother me in the slightest and has been personally the most reliable and nicest car iv ever owned, can highly recommend them
Thanks given by:
Havent been in a ZR if you're moaning about Ibiza ride comfort lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2016, 11:47 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Havent been in a ZR if you're moaning about Ibiza ride comfort lol

jesus christ... its just the worst. I was like sitting on a skateboard doing 60.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep 306 HDI or buy Fabia VRS MY95 67 16,228 21-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  My fabia vrs tim 306td 31 8,013 15-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Last Post: WILL1000