stage 2 at higher milage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stage 2 at higher milage
Tongue 
as title has anyone had any experience with this? im looking at a car with 160,000 on the clock and just wondered about stage 2ing it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Mine is fine at 177k!
Just keep on top of serviving,

Well I say fine, how do you judge fine? It hasn't blown up? It might blow up tomorrow? Any car on the road might blow up tomorrow?
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2016, 07:37 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Mine is fine at 177k!
Just keep on top of serviving,

Well I say fine, how do you judge fine? It hasn't blown up? It might blow up tomorrow? Any car on the road might blow up tomorrow?

my idea of fine is generally ok for day to day use. thats it. my 2.1 wasnt exactly maintenance free i was always doing bits and bobs.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
what is stage 2?!

if its a hdi 90 and you mean a map and an intercooler, then that's all a 110 hdi in a much heavier car is dealing with from the factory, and there's lots of them in taxis with moon miles.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Maf and injection system be worn/half dead.

Otherwise be fine.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Stage 2 is approximately 150bhp, generally a tad higher stressed than the 110 hdis.

As far as i've seen longevity is directly related to how it is driven and maintained, rather than the state of tune. Something to bear in mind is back-pressure at high revs and load, don't take the piss and you should be fine. The only other potential issue is revealing weaknesses in the fuel system, but that can't really be considered an issue with the tune imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well it seems like everyone would just go ahead and do it which is fine. I guess ill make the guy a silly offer on his car then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
i rag the shit out of mine... you seen it, pulls like a train and is on nearlt 160000 miles
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I've not seen a low mileage 2.0 306 in my garage for years, they all handle it fine as long as you've maintained it well.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too high milage for a remap? Leedunn86 43 10,552 19-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: pro_steve