306s getting rarer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306s getting rarer
ive noticed in the past 6 months or so that these old things are getting harder and harder to get hold of now. barely any on ebay. the nice ones are priced at silly money now. anyone else seem to notice this or is it just me?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I can find plenty...

Any good...no.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There are a couple in my local, keep meaning to place a bit of paper under the wipers asking if they want to sell !
Thanks given by:
Less good ones and much less phase 1 good ones
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
got to remember now, the newest ones are 15 years old now, and the phase 1s are well in their 20s.
good ones are hard to find now, that's why I am not to sure if I should part with mine.
The thing is though, that joke of a scrappage scheme will have thinned a lot of good decent hardware across the board.
Now we are starting to see the effects of it now sadly, you trade in a 306 and I tell you what it will just end up been weighed in, No car dealer wants a 306 now even though they were bob on to have 10 years ago. Its the age of it now sadly.
At the moment we are now going through what the metro scene went through, shift from hot hatch to classic car status.
Thanks given by:
Its a shame to see this happenening really. Suppose it does make my 2 good ones worth a bit more but i cant even find a 3 door local anywhere! Why im fixing my shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i've scrapped 5 now i think (have saved a few to) there getting to that age were tin worm has eaten away at them, one day i'll find one were the rear seat belt mount isn't rotten along with the front legs fronts of the floor pans etc etc Itwasntme  sure in 10 years time they'll be strong money and like other cars i'll be thinking "dam i should have fixed that 306 i had" anther killer now is the suzuki vit boys have twigged that the diesel motors fit in there jeeps/barbie wagons making them a tinny tinny bit better off road  Rofl
Thanks given by:
still see a few being driven about around here. keep thinking how handy a club flyer would be to generate some new blood.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2016, 07:33 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Its a shame to see this happenening really. Suppose it does make my 2 good ones worth a bit more but i cant even find a 3 door local anywhere! Why im fixing my shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 door 306s i found are not that common where i live, every one i saw in my local scrappy at the time were all 5 doors.
Thanks given by:
It's all relative - 306's are still fairly common compared to most other cars of a similar age, in a large part because they resist rust better than most rivals.

They are disappearing steadily though, because time and mileage is catching up with them and they've been worth next to nothing for some time now which only exacerbates people being unwilling to spend money on upkeep. We live in an era of cheap money and increasingly few people able/willing to get their hands dirty maintaining anything, meaning that increasingly people are looking at cheap lease/loan deals to drive around in a new car rather than pay the labour costs involved with keeping an older used car on the road.

I've spent the last couple of weeks in Europe, mostly in the South of France - rest assured, there's still thousands of 306's over there along with various other 70/80/90's French chod. Perhaps most surprising was the sheer number of Renault 4's still apparently in regular use, damned impressive for a car dating back to the 60's!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
i was looking for a diablo 3 door for ages, never found one, then found the rallye. Now deifnitely seems like the last time to get in on having one of the decent models before prices creep up further
Thanks given by:
Precisely why im holding onto my collection.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306s in Winter Photos Eeyore 19 5,163 05-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Best and worst 306s ever Orta 27 5,207 17-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  Spotted - Lincoln - Two 306s, one Day! Orta 9 2,251 14-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Pete