Aftermarket steering wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aftermarket steering wheel
Hi guys,

I was all set in fitting an aftermarket steering wheel to my 1999 Cab and have the bits I need in an OMP boss, 1.8 ohm fused resistor and my Momo wheel, but I've come across a few threads that are making me think twice.. what I'm trying to find out is whether I can fit the new wheel is such a way that it will be simple to revert to the old one at any stage, so I'm not wanting to cut connectors off etc.

The two concerns I have is 1. whether the airbag resistor will work if just inserted into the plug, and 2. I've heard people complaining about clicking noises when turning upon changing to an aftermarket boss which involves something else needing to being cut off..

In short is anyone running an aftermarket wheel with zero alterations or is this just not possible?
Thanks given by:
Also just realised there is a specific resistor which looks like its designed to be plugged directly into the connector..

I got this one;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251634581548?_...EBIDX%3AIT

But think I should of got this one;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-OHMS-SRS-A...RK:MESE:IT

Can someone confirm the second one is suitable for the 306 connector?
Thanks given by:
I fitted a Momo boss (part no. 6825R) which came with a resistor. The resistor fitted directly into the airbag connector and I haven't noticed any clicking when turning!
Thanks given by:
i removed the whole spring mechanism from the steering wheel. didnt put a resistor in but then again i have no air bags or pretensioners in the car so removed the flashing bulb. For an mot they will expect to see the light come on and then go off... hence removing it isnt a good option for a car that actually has the system.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel NaughtonGAA 11 4,854 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  phase 1 steering wheel removal Iaitoo 3 1,184 21-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
Thumbs Up McGill Motorsport Deep Dish steering Wheel (omp corsica style) zx_volcane 28 12,382 13-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane