Airbag cables under seat.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbag cables under seat.
Brick 
Hey guys.

Im after some expert knowledge - if anyone has it ? - I have recently installed hlf leather interior into my LX and when we removed the old seats the previous owner/garage had soldered the wires together with different cable. How can I find out what cable (original cable is long enough) connects to which? If this makes sense! ?
Thanks given by:
The reason for wiring them is that the orange connectors often don't make a good connection and cause the air bag lights to come on.

I'm not sure which way around they go as I'm not sure it actually matters. Someone will be along shortly to confirm.
Thanks given by:
They're coloured aren't they? Orange for pretensioners, red for airbags and yellow is earth iirc. Cully will know lol.
Thanks given by: MattDanPug
as Tom says
Orange for pre-tensioners, red for side airbags and yellow is earth

orange plug
wire number 650 pin1
wire number 651 pin2

red plug near side
wire number 6508 pin1
wire number 6507 pin2

red plug off side
wire number 6509 pin1
wire number 6510 pin2

yellow plug near side
wire number M6561 pin1

yellow plug off side
wire number M6562 pin1
[Image: DSCF9724.jpg]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2016, 03:59 PM)cully Wrote: as Tom says
Orange for pre-tensioners, red for side airbags and yellow is earth

orange plug
wire number 650 pin1
wire number 651 pin2

red plug near side
wire number 6508 pin1
wire number 6507 pin2

red plug off side
wire number 6509 pin1
wire number 6510 pin2

yellow plug near side
wire number M6561 pin1

yellow plug off side
wire number M6562 pin1
[Image: DSCF9724.jpg]

Thanks for getting in touch! Saviour! I only have the orange cables under the seat but the previous owner cut the plug so now it's just their bodge job. I have got another clip I will 'terminate' together and see if that works!!

Once the new plug is reattached will it only connect to the other plug one way or is it possible to turn and mix up?

I'm fairly new to doing anything electric with cars as I'm nervous of doing something wrong haha. I appreciate all help and will no doubt be asking for tons more before long!!

(20-09-2016, 02:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: They're coloured aren't they?  Orange for pretensioners, red for airbags and yellow is earth iirc.  Cully will know lol.

Thanks for the tip!! Quick question - Got any of those cyclone alloys lying around??

(20-09-2016, 02:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote: The reason for wiring them is that the orange connectors often don't make a good connection and cause the air bag lights to come on.

I'm not sure which way around they go as I'm not sure it actually matters. Someone will be along shortly to confirm.
Appreciate the input, I hope they dont matter. I will try with a new clip and see if it makes the light go out if not I will get a lad from work to solder in his bodge job ways haha.
Provence blue - Fixer upper   Blush 

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
red plug will only go into red socket
orange plug will only go into orange socket

as they are both keyed different

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2016, 05:52 PM)cully Wrote: red plug will only go into red socket
orange plug will only go into orange socket

as they are both keyed different

Ah this is a big help. If I can get the wires connected to the correct wires then I shouldn't need to take the seat out! Which is always a bonus. Thanks for the help again!
Thanks given by:
I've found that the phase 3.5 have a connector for seat belt buckle to.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help Fellas. I've matched t with the numbers on the cables and just done a simple terminal crimp. Thanks again! I appreciate it more than you may think!
Provence blue - Fixer upper   Blush 

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery and cables rocker8742 17 3,551 11-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Airbag light still on after removing and reinstalling airbag 306Puggy 28 15,681 26-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Last Post: 3gan