Subtle visual mods wanted for a 306.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subtle visual mods wanted for a 306.
Hey ladies and lads! 

I have a bog standard 2000 plate 306 in what I believe is provence blue I am doing subtle bits at a time. I'm just after some ideas etc...

I have only done minor things to help the cars features...

-LED interior lights including two LED strips in the boot (Wired in separately using scotch locks)

-Swapped some standard half leather interior (transformed it majorly from grey fabric) 

I am after some alloys but again, nothing fancy as my attention is caught up on Gti-6 alloys (cyclones)...

Was going to lower it but seems low as stands! 

Send me some of your mods and ideas. I'm so interested to find something unique to do! 

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
There a threads of stuff to do for under 50 quid. See if you can find it Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks Eeyore - Looking for some new shoes for the baby next. Refurbished Cyclones are looking at around £300 for a set! Sad
Provence blue - Fixer upper   Blush 

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2016, 08:31 PM)MattDanPug Wrote: Thanks Eeyore - Looking for some new shoes for the baby next. Refurbished Cyclones are looking at around £300 for a set! Sad
You should be able to get your set refurbished for £150.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2016, 06:53 AM)MisterGTR Wrote: You should be able to get your set refurbished for £150.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have steels at the moment, so will need to pick a set up first, the alloy refurbs near me are still asking £60/70 per alloy! TMI

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
Managed to grab a set of cyclones... Finally. Sprayed in Gun metal grey too which is a bonus and looks mint with the provence blue. Makes the car look 100x better when its all polished and cleaned up. 
Alloys were £100 with a set of michelin tyres all with 4/5mm of tread on each, no curbing marks just the small bit of corrosion around the valve... 

I'm still looking for other bits and pieces to do to the car so any suggestions welcome... The car is an LX model which means it has cloth interior and wheel trims instead of alloys. So I brought a second car (£100 for the lot) so I took the interior out and swapped it over, leather seats and door cards, it looks so much smarter. The donor car was also the same colour as mine so I took advantage and took off some of the better body panels, both front wings, front bumper, side skirts (with mudflaps), mirrors (inside and out) and then just small bits and pieces that are always handy to keep. 

PLEASE POST SUGGESTIONS FOR SUBTLE CHANGES TO ENHANCE IT Blush

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by:
I used to have a set of trims like that. until some oik nicked the lot overnight.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Florida wheel trims.

Get a gti6 front splitter and gti6 boot plastics. Change the colour of the clock by swapping out the filter.
Thanks given by:
Debadge the boot and sides, and get yourself some Bosch Aero wipers (or equivalent flat blade wipers)...new wipers means no smearing, and the flat blades look better than the original style IMO. Maybe tint the top section of the rear lights slightly too, just to tone down the "smacked ass" redness if nothing else. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: MattDanPug
Best thing you can do to a 5 door is just make it look like a GTI, crappy green 5 door made to look okish!

[Image: E33DD9DB-7D80-4E56-B0B0-3E49E041E217_zpser7migym.jpg]
[Image: 7A47CD81-BDF2-4720-97CF-8A75A2D9462C_zpsn7d47aik.jpg]
so thats a gti6 splitter, exhaust, cyclones and slight lowering then
Thanks given by:
Indeed, although I've chosen to keep the full meridean spec suspension for ultimate comfort!
Thanks given by:
Very subtle things like new front washer jets. Got brand new citroen picasso ones which are a straight fit and give a mist instead of a jet. Get some Bosch Aero Wipers like wingnutz suggested above, online for £18 a pair. They are slimline and flat.

Not exactly modding but you'd be surprised what a good detailing (that's a professional valet) will do. Clay bar, polish, wax, dressing your tyres etc. I can make some suggestions to products if your on a budget. Smile
I've literally done all of that to that green turd!

I did the washer jets and wipers not for looks but for better windscreen clearing!
Thanks given by:
Ph3 spoiler, GTI6 splitter would be my recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(22-03-2017, 04:20 PM)Nexus Wrote: Very subtle things like new front washer jets. Got brand new citroen picasso ones which are a straight fit and give a mist instead of a jet. Get some Bosch Aero Wipers like wingnutz suggested above, online for £18 a pair. They are slimline and flat.

Not exactly modding but you'd be surprised what a good detailing (that's a professional valet) will do. Clay bar, polish, wax, dressing your tyres etc. I can make some suggestions to products if your on a budget. Smile

New wipers are a must anyway, mine are getting a little shit (michelin, £14 per blade. Don't recommend) ... I'll check ebay shortly for new washer jets, what year was the Picasso? I'm also thinking of debadging the car when the weather clears as it's the LX model but I've changed some features from LX... 

What products would you use? I'm going to buy a tub of Fusso soft wax as I have seen some decent long last results from it.

(22-03-2017, 12:12 PM)allye Wrote: Best thing you can do to a 5 door is just make it look like a GTI, crappy green 5 door made to look okish!

[Image: E33DD9DB-7D80-4E56-B0B0-3E49E041E217_zpser7migym.jpg]
[Image: 7A47CD81-BDF2-4720-97CF-8A75A2D9462C_zpsn7d47aik.jpg]

I like the green 'turd' as I seen you call you. The whole GTI look looks good on your car, not sure how it will look on mine but it's worth a shot none the less. Where did you find the plastics? Gti6 stuff seems to be rare as anything now - ssomeone was telling me there was only 500 gti6 left on the road?

Mk3 306, 2.0 litre HDi
Thanks given by: