What is my 306's Engine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is my 306's Engine
Hi all 
have searched but nothing came up might of been how i worded it 

I'm new to Peugeot's had Ford's and Landrovers before

I have a 1998 1.9 diesel 306 D-Turbo which engine is it as i keep seeing HDi or Xud9 on the internet  not sure where mine c omes under  
Thanks for any help 

Rob
Thanks given by:
It's an xud9te, mechanical indirect injection.

HDi is the newer 2.0 with common rail and electronic injection.
Thanks given by: DoowneK
(19-09-2016, 12:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's an xud9te, mechanical indirect injection.

HDi is the newer 2.0 with common rail and electronic injection.

Thanks for the speedy reply Toms306
Thanks given by:
exactly what tom said. There is a 1.9 turbo and 1.9 NAD. The NAD is gutless and not sought after. The 1.9 dturbo on the other hand is highly tunable and with a bosch pump can run veg. There is a hdi dturbo where the dturbo is a spec level and nothing to do with the engine.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2016, 03:01 PM)Eeyore Wrote: exactly what tom said. There is a 1.9 turbo and 1.9 NAD. The NAD is gutless and not sought after. The 1.9 dturbo on the other hand is highly tunable and with a bosch pump can run veg. There is a hdi dturbo where the dturbo is a spec level and nothing to do with the engine.

Techincally I'd say the D-Turbo part was always a spec level regardless of it being an XUD or DW.
Thanks given by:
I used to get to Batleys wholesale and buy veg oil  to run my 309.  Then it got  too expensive when veggie got almost same price as diesel and it wasn't worth the effort.   The recycled vegie diesel maker up the road a bit packed in so now out of fear I have to pay same as everyone else.
Thanks given by: