Diameter of the elbow for turbo connection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diameter of the elbow for turbo connection
Hi can any one tell me the diameter needed for the silicone elbow that would connect to the turbo and what size clip is needed. As I am doing the intercooler upgrade and instead of using a 406 pipe (the one that goes underneath) I can't find any around me am going to fab up my own. I am thinking 57mm but not sure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
If you're talking about the cold side inlet elbow (inlet manifold) the bit that connects to the hose is 57mm iirc (i think i have a 51mm to 57mm adaptor on there for it), i will check tomorrow if someone doesnt get in on it before me!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Bit confused correct me if wrong. This is what I have so far new 406 inlet elbow with c5 pipe to get me to the front of the car then a 90 and some pipe to the intercooler (is this the cold side?)
Then I've got the all the pipes to get back from the intercooler round the slam panel under the engine running near the gear box and power steering pipe and up towards the turbo it is this bit I need to know the size of where it connects to to the compressor housing ( hot side)

Think I got the hot and cold side mixed up.

Thanks given by:
So "cold side" of the turbo to the inlet ports on the engine (the silver side of the turbo usually) sometimes referred to as the compressor

Airfilter --> MAF --> Turbo inlet --> pressure line to intercooler --> intercooler --> pressure line to 406 inlet elbow --> inlet manifold --> Engine..

Hot side (exhaust) the rusty side of the turbo

Engine block --> Exhaust manifold --> Turbo "hot side" or exhaust turbine --> downpipe --> Exhaust

If it's a standard turbo you are running then the cold side exit (compressed air to the intercooler) via the standard piping needs a long legged 41mm 90degree bend to fit to OEM pipes.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate that makes more sense 41 mm 90 it is thanks

Thanks given by:
make sure it's long legged or it wont be long enough mate, iirc i had one with 4inch long legs on each side for mine when i was going to do it.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Gold connection box like a amplifier Welshy_Pete 4 1,092 21-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Lower air box pipe diameter? JTaylor2005 2 991 26-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  checking lower rad hose connection type tigerstyle 5 1,506 12-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Toms306