Project car-now the DAILY!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project car-now the DAILY!!!
I helped do a HDi to XUD9 swap on what I think was Decs car with help from Tom, Dan Dec and possibly Jordan. It's a piece of piss. I've also done a couple of XUD11 swaps.

I think with the XUD9 into HDi swap if you need a guide then you probably don't poses the skills to complete the swap.
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2016, 10:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I helped do a HDi to XUD9 swap on what I think was Decs car with help from Tom, Dan Dec and possibly Jordan. It's a piece of piss. I've also done a couple of XUD11 swaps.

I think with the XUD9 into HDi swap if you need a guide then you probably don't poses the skills to complete the swap.

it would nice to have a guide none the less. One of the reasons people come to the forum is the guides Tongue
Thanks given by:
so i pulled the xud engine out of the other car today along with all the bits needed so i will pull the dying hdi out of this tomorrow afternoon when im back from work. Then hopefully all going well its be up and running veg oil by sunday. which is good as i need to save my monies.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
just decided to paint my engine bay a lairy colour while engine is out. any thoughts on what colour
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:

Do you need metal there.........
Thanks given by:
Nah, newspaper and filler will be fine mate. Or expanding foam and some gaffa tape. :-)
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Arch liner provides structural support ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Glow in the dark paint? or Flourescent?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Weldings done, xud is in and running. Just a test start though, need to finish off a few things tomorrow morning though as im shatterd today as i was up last night like most. Should be drivig easily bu midday so i can get a good drive before work on tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: c4551b0e461dec7364073bfda80763b5.jpg]

Obligitory terrible workshop photo due to poor lighting.
Thanks given by:
yassss such xud, many gains, much veg
Thanks given by:
Love the fact you say it will be in and running by tea time, low and behold it is indeed! lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Well done ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2017, 10:40 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Love the fact you say it will be in and running by tea time, low and behold it is indeed! lol

Was running this morning lol. I need the car as it is the daily wagon. It took its maiden voyage to go get bacon rolls at my boys favorite farm this afternoon so done about 40/50 miles in it and its fine. Got a few things i need to do to finish its completly. My fan wiring didnt work, tried to keep it automatic. So thats got to be done. The exhaust is a bogo standard one i had lying about so thats gotta be done. My biggest annoyance though is that the rev counter doesnt work. Ive done a few of these conversions now on various cars and never had this issue. Phase 2 clocks and tried phase 1 and 2 xud looms. Ill get abetter look at it later on this week. Its running and can get me to work so thats the main thing. [Image: d58ba686d49805285b77704fcc1ebab5.jpg]

Also the welding is done and painted as well. That slowed me down a few hours!!

Also i have every intention at running this at donny and pugfest as i wont have finished the other engine or even started it by then.

Thanks given by:
Good work bash
Thanks given by:
Good work bud, i think from memory when we did Jimbo's HDi to xud conversion we never were able to get the rev counter working.
Thanks given by:
so been running this round for two weeks with no issues. drives like a dream. Ive been so used to a hdi gearbox on all my builds that this one seems odd having an xud box in. dont like it. apart from that its fine. I have no real money to throw around this year so i think ill have to race this at donny this year lol. i have plans for something big but at the mo literally nothing is going to happen. which saddens me.
however with this running nicely back on veg oil and getting me about we can hopefully save a bit up. also need to get the windscreen replaced.
Thanks given by:
Got a strange air bag fault.
"Passenger airbag deactivation. Permanant fault" as read directly off pp2k.

Also got a boost gauge fitted as i thought id better check how much boost i was running after a pikey tune up with no gauage. Turns out 21psi so bang on what i was aiming for anyway.

Thanks given by:
What a weird error code. Has it still got a passenger airbag?
Thanks given by:
yeah still got passenger air bag
Thanks given by:
No body on the airbag fault?

Anyway its -5 outside. Im on 100% veg and my battery has seen better days. Hoping for a clear fire up this morning to go to work.

Thanks given by:
Isn't there a deactivation switch for the passenger airbag? Can't remember if 306s have them... Often a key slot.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(20-01-2017, 06:39 AM)Poodle Wrote: Isn't there a deactivation switch for the passenger airbag? Can't remember if 306s have them... Often a key slot.

Yeah turned it on and off fault still there. And check the switch for operation as well
Thanks given by:
Great work bud, love it.

Just FYI I got revs working on mine. We swapped a ph2 XUD into Ph3 HDI & just plugged them in at the NSF inner wing big round plug. No revs on ph3 clocks but then swapped to the donor ph2 clocks and it worked perfectly.
Thanks given by:
the rev counter issue is still on going. ie i actually havnt looked yet. its running phase 2 clocks at the moment. ive done this conversion for others a few times and putting the clocks in always sorted it. however this time it hasnt and im yet to have a look why. air bag fault is more concerning in my mind,
Thanks given by:
Did you see the clocks work in the donor?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2017, 10:01 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Did you see the clocks work in the donor?

yeah the doner was johnnys cabby i broke.
Thanks given by:
Anyway, my windscreen is finally being replaced tomorrow. This means after that i can actually start saving/building the hdi up i removed. Currently trying to get some sort of setup ready for fcs and pugfest which i will finally be attending this year. The xud is doing what xuds do best and is performing faultlessly day to day in the mean time though.

Currently thinking about turbos as it seems the limiting factor of what i can do at the mo. Unlike most big builds on the forum i cannot afford to build a 16v which i would like to. I dont see why the 8v couldn't make a reasonable amount of trackable/daily power.
Thanks given by:
Obligitory i got my windscreen done picture [Image: 908e0e984b58f6cd4b966576152edd9d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so my new windscreen got a chip in it yesterday. fricken annoying as hell. Been in conversation with a few people about what direction this hdi engine should take before fcs this year. currently saving for another car so i can pinch its engine and all ancillaries. Have been looking into the whole 16v conversion like a lot on here. I really like the idea but it seems for the cost and the amount power gains from just swapping the heads dont seem enough bang for buck so to speak.
Thanks given by:
So small update on this sort of. Ive sourced the engine that will be in this for fcs. Thanks Matt for that. Its an hatch dee eye. So im currently mocking up a spare rhf5 i have to fit down the back however this is proving difficult due to not wanting to mod anything on the car. Toesland managed this by adjusting the gear linkages but thats not what i want to do. I like to retain as much stuff as possible. At this stage with money its likely that this will make fcs in a stage 2 form which will be a shame. Unless i can get some cash together cover the extra costs of this. Obviously this isnt going to take precedence over the kingfisher either at the moment. Ill be working on that over the next month or so to get her ready and on the road for show season.
The xud i put in her is working swimmingly though and continuing to prove to me that they make an epic workhorse engine in there standard form, which is good as thats what i needed in this while i sort things out.
The air bag light is still on I still dont know whats wrong with it.
Sorry for the boring update ill have something exciting in a month or so i guess.
Thanks for reading as always
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 306 daily project custom-decals2012 2 2,080 30-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,864 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,601 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle