Project car-now the DAILY!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project car-now the DAILY!!!
(19-09-2016, 07:10 AM)Poodle Wrote: Garage monkey buys car and denounces previous monkey owners. Previous monkey owner turns out to be chief denouncer of all things monkey.

Awks.

Welcome too 306oc lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'd rather have hub nuts tight than falling off. Wink Now I've thought about it, I didn't have anyone to hold the brakes for that one and with cyclones obviously couldn't go through a wheel centre so probably did gun those ones up...oh well... Itwasntme

It's horrible being a perfectionist that can't do anything perfectly though. Sad lol
Thanks given by:
Lol. The nuts have. Been on two years since youve had the car tom. Could be someone else. May just be rusted solid who knows. If youd done them yesterday id be pointing fingers. Ive put filters on one year really loose. Next year i come to service the car and cant get them off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2016, 08:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd rather have hub nuts tight than falling off. Wink

Peugeot don't supply torque specs for nothing.

You can always tell when someone else has worked on a car, everything is overtorqued on the basis "I don't want it falling off"...

As a general rule, go by the PSA torque specs... Everything will come off like a new car if you do, unless the head is totally corroded.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I do torque everything I can, much more than most people do, but without anyone to counter hold the brake it's impossible to do those on your own.

I still find stuff doesn't come off though, heat cycles abd corrosion ruin stuff..
Thanks given by:
Copper slip and a wire brush works wonders.. My s16 had been stood for a year after a few thousand miles of abuse, when I came to strip the front brakes down and take the hubs off, everything came off like I'd done it yesterday because I'd cleaned the threads and put a smear of copper grease on them. Simples.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Well theyre off impact gun FTW. So no worries there

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
So a few things today. Pulled out some god awful alarm that was in the dash [Image: d157c8049bbc1528edfa36ddf2308ff5.jpg]

Then i started to inspect the rusty bulkhead                

This is rusty. Now i havnt givein the rear arch a look yet but its solid round the carpet.

What do you guys think.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a pain in the balls tbh. You've come this far. I'm sure you can just weld it up. No worries if it's going to become a track slag in the future anyway!
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2016, 08:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks like a pain in the balls tbh. You've come this far. I'm sure you can just weld it up. No worries if it's going to become a track slag in the future anyway!

not the point. ill weld it up no doubt but even if its going to be a "track slag" id still like to do it properly and well like everything i do. The only issue i can forsee if the plate that holds the servo on is sealed onto where the rust is and if i get that wrong my car will leak water. which i dont want
Thanks given by:
https://vimeo.com/183889283

Erm so yeah looking, erm great.....
Thanks given by:
Mate, that's scrap.
Come and get the 205 before it gets squashed, it's free remember...
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2016, 08:15 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Mate, that's scrap.
Come and get the 205 before it gets squashed,  it's free remember...

would love the 205 but i cant really use it to ferry my boy round in. this is fixable still. its just a pain. plus i have a lot of 306 bits and no 205 bits. if a shell comes up local i may jump on it but if not this is geetting fixed.
Thanks given by:
Wink Ah well,  I tried.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2016, 09:04 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Wink Ah well,  I tried.

you did. and to be fair ryan (gti6parts) is only up the road from me so ive dropped him a message about a shell as well as he probably has 3 or 4 lying about
Thanks given by:
So before i made any rash decisions and scrapped the shell i cleaned off the worst of the rust tonight with various power tools, brushs and screwdrivers. Most of it looks a lot worse than it is. Hit all of it with a hammer and chisel to check. 99% is surface rust. Think a good clean down some sealing and a repaint. Plus the three patchs ive got to put in to the bits that are actually rusty. She seems ok. Anyone know how to treat surface rust once scrapped off? Bit of kurust and repaint??

On a side note as this is taling a little longer than expected i do have a gt2056s laying about and i am wondering if it will actually fit down the back of this!!

Figure would make gti6 sorta bhp plus a few torques with it on. Make a nice little daily for a while untill i go mad later on

Thanks given by:
I just wire brush it back to largely bare metal and then hammerite it or if your really concerned hammerite rust killer and then top coat.
Thanks given by:
Well that's an awkward spot for rust... Meh, weld a patch in and spend a while tweaking it, you'll get it close enough to seal properly, especially with a bit of silicone added around the problem area.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So ive not had a good week this week. Had to take a day off work ill and my cat has gone missing since tuesday so conecerted efforts have been into trying to find him. However tonight it got dark and i had nothing to do. So i cut the rust out of the problem areas and cleaned the remainding sirface rust from the bay untill i was happy and coated with kurust rust neutraliser. Seems to be doing the job.            
Thanks given by:
So since the last update i stripped this down further to have a look and boy was she rusty. Boot floor, round the tank, sills it got bad, real bad. But thank fully i waved my magic wand and it grew two extra doors and fixed itself. I was astounded        
Thanks given by:
Amazing! Is this magic wand for hire?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-10-2016, 04:29 PM)Poodle Wrote: Amazing! Is this magic wand for hire?

Amazingly yes it is it cost me roughly £250 to hire it off ebay, just turned up at this guys house and he gave me the keys to my repaired car
Thanks given by:
Shame it wasnt y reg for the cheap tax!

You'll have had more China's than me at this rate. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2016, 06:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Shame it wasnt y reg for the cheap tax!

You'll have had more China's than me at this rate. Tongue

The amount of diffrence cheap tax makes is neglagable to me when buying a car man. Seems pointless to worry about. Want a car i enjoy. Bought a car i enjoy
Thanks given by:
Good to ee it was a quick fix. Can you save me the roof strips off the 3 door?
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2016, 06:30 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Good to ee it was a quick fix. Can you save me the roof strips off the 3 door?

Of course man. Still got a
Few last bits to strip off tomorrow before she goes. Got the axle done tonight which wasnt to bad but had some issues like no locking wheel key. Got a nice list with this one being £250 however most is off the 3 door hence the purchase. Still got to swap ecus and bsi just so i can keep a "stage 1" map. Front brake hoses. Top mount, tyres, clutch and heater matrix.

For some reason with the heater matrix the behr one that i meed is 4 times the price of the valeo one. Saying this im sure they physically can fit in each other just cant remeber the diffrence
Thanks given by:
Rear beam, top mount, radio, ecu swapping, exhaust and brakes bled all done. Now just for heater matrix and clutch and cambelt.....

Also WTF is this little fan thing was making hell of a racket above my head!!    
Thanks given by:
Is it something to do with the 'auto' setting on the heater controls?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
isn't it like a climate control fan to adjust the temp like above when it's switched to auto, mines started to become very annoying too.
Thanks given by:
well ive now replaced it with another i had lying about in another car. never seen it before though
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New 306 daily project custom-decals2012 2 2,087 30-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,876 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,694 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle