What's happening to the GTi's?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening to the GTi's?
(15-09-2016, 08:18 PM)P-Courty Wrote: I think one of the killers has been the scrappage scheme and people going for newer "more reliable" (in their eyes) cars, some maybe not even realising what they had and because of that a fair few have dissapeared into the metal heaven. Seen many good cars go that way all because of that stupid scheme. wouldn't be surprised if a few 6's ended up that way Sad

That wont have helped at all, and if anything i would say that the scrappage scheme played a major part in binning off a lot of decent hardware at the time, now 7 years later the remaining models left are going to struggle for second hand parts now. You name it, it went in sadly. So yeah i would have thought a fare few 306s no matter what model, also went in as part of it.  I was looking on that how manys left on the metro gti and since 2009 to 2016, nearly 400 have gone in that spate of time, if you look at the data, good chuck was binned off around about time of the scrappage scheme.  Now finding one for sale or breaking is practically a no go as there are only about 30 odd left, but at least the numbers are stable now.
Thanks given by:
21 GTi6s isn't that many, and to be worth less than the £2k scrappage back then they were probably shitters anyway...not all GTi6s are decent, trust me! Rolleyes
Thanks given by: