new daily thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new daily thoughts
so i tried to have a look through all the other threads about this but everything is overpriced for me at the mo. lus 5 door is erm. rough. to rough for me to even want to keep going and thats saying something ill save anything!! she wont drive anything but a 306 or a 205. so she said if i got another car she will take my estate as she likes driving that. 

so what im after is a spares or repair motor estate car or super cheap with minor issues. thats fairly safe for my son. It really doesnt have to be a 306 as i have a phase 3 dturbo thats a project that i refuse to start untill all this annoying daily business is sorted. ive seen a few cars that are possible. the 406s look ok. one that ive seen with a clutch gone which is easy enough for me to fix. 

suggestions. 
comments 
sexual admissions 
all welcome in this thread
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
not sure what i have to admit to in a sexual sense

zx estate?

306 estate?

some other cheap french estate?
Thanks given by:
Paul selling his 306hdi stg2
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Yeah cheap french estate sounds about right for me. Stage 3 hdi isnt really what im looking for however awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I know where there is a Xsara Picasso going for circa £350. Needs either an alternator or power steering pump (one of the two has a noisy bearing, haven't figured which yet but my money would be on the alternator) but other than that is alright. Still has 6 months MOT

Suspect you wont want something that big tho
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2016, 09:02 PM)Ben_w Wrote: I know where there is a Xsara Picasso going for circa £350. Needs either an alternator or power steering pump (one of the two has a noisy bearing, haven't figured which yet but my money would be on the alternator) but other than that is alright. Still has 6 months MOT

Suspect you wont want something that big tho

Id just never own a people carry just out of principle. I only have one little monster. The estate is more for my sanity of car bits transportation. Thanks for the offer though.
Thanks given by:
If you buy a picasso, I'm disowning you
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've always thought a nice fettled XUD in a Picasso would be an awesome sleeper boost bus Smile
Thanks given by:
I've got a 306 hdi estate stage 1, it pretty tatty and could do with a few quid spent on it, but on the whole it's a good workhouse, it's done roughly 117000 and it's a Y reg, make me a offer if your interested
Thanks given by:
307 Or 407 sw se hdi?
P.s. Hi Tom Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2016, 08:30 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah cheap french estate sounds about right for me. Stage 3 hdi isnt really what im looking for however awesome

No you're right.. 

what you will do is buy a bog standard one,  and then start to tune it.. itll get mental and you will sell it =D
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Saab 93 ttid estate
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2016, 08:43 PM)toseland Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 08:30 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah cheap french estate sounds about right for me. Stage 3 hdi isnt really what im looking for however awesome

No you're right.. 

what you will do is buy a bog standard one,  and then start to tune it.. itll get mental and you will sell it =D

Its what i Usually do lol. However i have recently purchased a 3 door d turbo that will make an apperance on here at some point as my dedicated fast car.
Thanks given by:
You can pick up E46s silly cheap now.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Why I've just bought one

E46 330i in manual 112k for a good price
Thanks given by:
Ford Ranger double cab with a truckman top? Can pick them up quite cheap in local facebook groups and parts are stupid cheap.

Oddly they feel very 306 like in the way they are put together, I don't mean that in a build quality way but you know when you are taking something apart on a Ford or something German and think "Peugeot would never have done that like that" you don't get that with the Ranger.

Like the 306 they have an undeserved reputation for HG failure and other problems feel quite 306ey. I think drivers electric window and ignition switch are the common problems.
Thanks given by:
Yeah always wanted a ranger. Thunder version one. Bit to juicy for my commute though Sad

Thanks given by:
(08-09-2016, 05:27 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yeah always wanted a ranger. Thunder version one. Bit to juicy for my commute though Sad

Early ones probably run on veg.
Certainly if the Chinese Bosch copies don't like veg I'd bet someone could build you a Bosch for it.

Also juicyness is relative. If you fit some nice big tyres to gear it up a little your MPG won't appear to change but real world you could be up 10% and there is things you can do to aid their aerodynamics which make a pretty reasonable difference.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2nd Thoughts chylledapps 15 3,567 24-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Thoughts on mk1 mx5 Jtrigga 34 11,260 18-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob