MOT Surprises

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT Surprises
Last week my friend and I picked up a 205 from my great Aunt, was my great Uncle's until he died. It's last MOT ran out in December 2014 and it has sat in the car park under a cover for a while and she just wanted rid or it was going to get scrapped, although sentimental value meant that last one was unlikely.

It's a 5dr 1.4 with awful paint work so we were jumping about going crazy, however we looked underneath and it's cleaner than my 306. It's a 1991 so it's 25 years old and bloody clean and only on 90k, we were very surprised at the condition.

So we get it back last week, have a look over, tinker with little things, etc Friend decides to put it in for an MOT incase there is anything we have missed that needs to be changed. I was expecting a fail on at least 1 crusty brake line and a bush somewhere.

It passed! and with no advisories!

We were genuinely shocked. We are still going to do a couple bits to it for peace of mind and general maintenance but it's just amazing tbh.
Thanks given by:
result! Big Grin
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
My 306 did an MOT once and didn't fail on the handbrake efficiency.

I was amazed.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2016, 11:09 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: My 306 did an MOT once and didn't fail on the handbrake efficiency.

I was amazed.

Are you sure that wasn't a dream?

My mate bought a 309 off ebay last year for £310. Had been sat for 8 years (in a garage mind) after the old boy who owned it popped his clogs but it went straight thru an MOT, so it can happen :-)
Thanks given by:
My 205 which had been involved in a collision to N/S, bumper hanging off.

Passed first time, no advisories
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unexpected surprises underground375 31 4,887 04-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Dave