• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti 6 clean up
any 1 know if this needs 2 be connected?  ive run out of wires

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
looks like aircon clutch connector

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
yeah think ive messed up somewhere will av 2 take it apart again. thanks for help
Thanks given by:
How are you getting on with this mate? Any updates?
Thanks given by:
it has been put on hold for a bit. few family probs will get bk 2 it soon cheers for asking
Thanks given by:
well finally getting back to referbing the 6. prob gona fall apart when i start it up. been so long since it ran. any 1 know if the phase 2 wiring loom needs to be plugged into the oil pressure gauge sensor as i have no more connectors. i figured the only connector which would go in it is the oil level sensor but i geuss i need that more?
Thanks given by:
well i found out you dont have a connector for the oil pressure. only on the phaze 1.
all back 2gether just 2 charge the batt over night as its well dead. fingers crossed it will take the charge. still reads 12v even though its sat for over a year

(18-04-2017, 07:52 PM)curly1987 Wrote: well finally getting back to referbing the 6. prob gona fall apart when i start it up. been so long since it ran. any 1 know if the phase 2 wiring loom needs to be plugged into the oil pressure gauge sensor as i have no more connectors. i figured the only connector which would go in it is the oil level sensor but i geuss i need that more?

Thanks given by:
well it starts and engine is running but its stuck at 4000rpm. not sure y though
Thanks given by:
If it's idling at 4k rpm you'll have a large air leak somewhere.
Thanks given by:
quote='DeeTurbo' pid='612999' dateline='1494152507']
If it's idling at 4k rpm you'll have a large air leak somewhere.
[/quote]

well ive taken the hose off the ivc and it would barely tick over/stall. pluggedit back in and its bouncing between 1200 and 2000rpm.
heres a vid of whats going on
https://youtu.be/mS7usq0btwQ
Thanks given by:
That is very weird.

I'm still learning about these motors, been in diesels for the last 20 years.

I would say it's a vacuum leak somewhere, it sounds very loud on the video or a some pipe plumbed up wrong.

Post some photos of the area around the throttle body, we might be able to spot something.
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2017, 11:55 AM)DeeTurbo613004 Wrote:That is very weird.

I would say it's a vacuum leak somewhere, it sounds very loud on the video or a some pipe plumbed up wrong.

Post some photos of the area around the throttle body, we might be able to spot something.

im pretty sure everything is plugged in where it should b. hard to get a picture of everything. im gona try blocking the ivc completely see if it stalls if it doesnt geuss it might be throttle body
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2017, 02:51 PM)curly1987 Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 11:55 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote:That is very weird.

im pretty sure everything is plugged in where it should b. hard to get a picture of everything. im gona try blocking the ivc completely see if it stalls if it doesnt geuss it might be throttle body

def the ivc if i almost block it completely it idles spot on. its like its totally hollow.
best get a new 1
Thanks given by:
Get the magnetti marelli from here, best price I've found.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/magneti-marelli/1834581
Thanks given by:
(07-05-2017, 05:20 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Get the magnetti marelli from here, best price I've found.

Have used this site a couple of times because prices are so competitive n they have some parts not available from other auto factors. Just to give you a heads up though, they are a German based company with a UK website and take 5-7 days to deliver. Also, the site lets you order items that aren't actually in stock meaning you get in to numerous email exchanges about alternatives. They're not very cooperative in offering a refund if they can't supply what you want either, prefering to offer a credit balance on your account.
Thanks given by:
(08-05-2017, 07:35 AM)Mighty306 Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 05:20 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Get the magnetti marelli from here, best price I've found.

Have used this site a couple of times because prices are so competitive n they have some parts not available from other auto factors. Just to give you a heads up though, they are a German based company with a UK website and take 5-7 days to deliver. Also, the site lets you order items that aren't actually in stock meaning you get in to numerous email exchanges about alternatives. They're not very cooperative in offering a refund if they can't supply what you want either, prefering to offer a credit balance on your account.

thanks i will find 1 somewhere im not in a rush as i have another car and my work place is like half a mile away so i normally bike. luckily im a machinist so im gona clean up the brake disks as they seem ok and make a few ally bits and replace the plastic parts that i can make myself

anybody had any isues with the cambelt rubbing on the plasic casing? thought i had a ticker but if i put pressure on the casing the noise goes away?
Thanks given by:
I've had it on another car where the belt was too tight and started to make it's way off the pulleys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/eEzFsV_KF30
think its 1 of the cams rubbing against the plastic. belt doesn't seem that tight. noise goes away if i push it in the right place.
Thanks given by:
well after finally getting it running i find out the drivers side floor has a huge crack in it inline with the break pedal and under the steering wheel so ive decided to break it and scrap it as i do not have the money to sort out the floor and everything else.
shame but its to much money to sort it out
panic over its got a big dent but its solid not rusted.
no holes except in the corner where it has lifted a little about the size of a 50p.
me being a retard didnt realize the floor was covered in some rubber coating. looked like the metal had a split about 500mm long.
now searching for some bucket seats and stripping out the interior.
Thanks given by:
owner before me must have hit something hard and pushed the floor up cant get a pick from underneath but they did a goodjob. small hole in the very corner but i cant see much rust so far

Thanks given by:
Photo 
well its stripped out. floor looks clean. only bit of rust or wear is under the axcelerator pedel in the corner where it has been hit from underneath. plus a bit of a bulge in the floor under the steering wheel. hopefully not going to be a problem for mot.

Thanks given by: