• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'll just leave this here for a while - -
figured you may want to see this;

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Interesting......

I can get an extra 50 miles out of a tank on my daily Mondeo v6 if I put shell v power in it rather than the usual fuel save stuff......not sure it makes it perform any better (throttle response might feel a little sharper on v power but that's about it..) but the economy difference is worth it.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2016, 09:54 AM)Ben_w Wrote: Interesting......

I can get an extra 50 miles out of a tank on my daily Mondeo v6 if I put shell v power in it rather than the usual fuel save stuff......not sure it makes it perform any better (throttle response might feel a little sharper on v power but that's about it..) but the economy difference is worth it.

that's g great result!
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
It is when you drive a big heavy car with a V6 that drinks like me...
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
That picture is based on the United States. I use 98 all the time in the 205 stops predetionation and allows me to run more timing. Shame the uk won't bring me ethanol fuel lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2016, 12:32 PM)Stef205 Wrote: That picture is based on the United States. I use 98 all the time in the 205 stops predetionation and allows me to run more timing. Shame the uk won't bring me ethanol fuel lol

Ive got a friend that runs ethanol here. No idea where he gets it from though i can enquire if you want??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Oh I can get it in drums but that's race fuel I'm more thinking of pump stuff e85
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
there are a few, one of the huge petrol stations by me sells E85
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
@Magenta Sunset, I'm pretty sure theres a difference in my scooby and I definitely saw better mpg on VPower in the Rallye.

Also look how low the american RON ratings are, 93 is the top they get, even our supermarket shit is 95. I think the shell stuff that you get at stations next to race tracks is 107RON!!!!
Thanks given by:
nice to know we are better served Smile
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2016, 03:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: @Magenta Sunset, I'm pretty sure theres a difference in my scooby and I definitely saw better mpg on VPower in the Rallye.

Also look how low the american RON ratings are, 93 is the top they get, even our supermarket shit is 95. I think the shell stuff that you get at stations next to race tracks is 107RON!!!!

Americans measure theirs different, 91 over there is the same as our 95, their 93 is the same as our 97.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Don't they use MON over there? or is it an odd combination of RON/MON, I can't remember now.

Either way their fuel is broadly similar to ours, just the price is different.
Thanks given by:
I just copied this from the net - so might even be accurate Smile

The European octane rating is RON, whereas the US octane rating is an average of (RON+MON)/2. [RON +MON divided by 2]

EURO RON US (R+M)/2
90  =  85.9
92  =  87.8
95  =  90.7
96  =  91.6
98  =  93.5
100 = 95.5
105 = 100.2
110 = 105
Thanks given by:
"super" also works well for 2stroke motorbikes ... no that it's relevant for this forum but you never know lol

and even better if you do run a 2 stroke bike, get avgas instead! Big Grin

just sayin' lol
Thanks given by:
saab 93 2.8 V6 turbo with remap...

30hp standard
31.5 vpower
34 bp ultimate
Thanks given by:
I get less MPG on BP Ultimate Diesel than regular BP, with no other benefits lol. V Power diesel was the same MPG as normal but again no other benefits.

The petrol does make a difference though. If you can afford it and have a 'decent' petrol, I'd say go for super. Regardless of diesel, I wouldn't bother with super, haven't found any that makes any difference personally.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2016, 05:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I get less MPG on BP Ultimate Diesel than regular BP, with no other benefits lol.  V Power diesel was the same MPG as normal but again no other benefits.

The petrol does make a difference though.  If you can afford it and have a 'decent' petrol, I'd say go for super.  Regardless of diesel, I wouldn't bother with super, haven't found any that makes any difference personally.

you drove a standard bullshit focus!  how could you compare "performance"  when it didnt have any in the first place!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I've had plenty of mapped and modded diesels, the Focus happens to be one of the slower ones, the same still applies.
Thanks given by:
I run alternate tankfuls in the megane, i use roughly a tank a week so one week i will fill with vpower derv and the next week i will use supermarket derv.

Cant say i get a noticeable difference on Nitro+ but it does seem smoother with better response
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2016, 05:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I get less MPG on BP Ultimate Diesel than regular BP, with no other benefits lol.  V Power diesel was the same MPG as normal but again no other benefits.

That's mainly because a higher cetane rating won't increase MPG. It might make it sound smoother. Maybe at the top end, you might get some performance benefits. But that's it.
Thanks given by:
My 1.4 used to pink like f*ck on 95.

Mind, taking 1.1mm off the head to bump the compression probably did some of it Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uhh il just leave this here... Sian 18 4,110 08-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Why can't I leave? C.A.R. 137 53,617 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Last Post: samass
  two weeks gardening leave before I start my new job, what to UPDATED swampy 13 3,904 25-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Last Post: ash240970