Air suspension

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air suspension
Has anyone got experience with air suspension for cars. I work on coaches so air systems ain't anything new but Iv never fitted it to a car. Basically I'm off work due to an op but can't stop thinking about building a hot rod rat rod when I'm better. I wasn't sure how to go about fitting bags to struts or whether to fit landrover air struts. I'd want to do the cheapest most homemade system possible as what's the point in building a rod if it's goin to be from all off the shelf parts.
Thanks given by:
if its bespoke then the world is literally your oyster..

Landrover struts would probably be cheaper than off the shelf bespoke bags but i honestly dont know. at least with the LR stuff you have the ability if it screws up to go to a motorfactors and buy them

depends on your budget
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
An air ride system isn't usually associated with a hot rod.
Thanks given by:
A hot rod is more of a personal idea design of a car. So I want a drivable rod but to have über low stance when parked. Easiest way of doin that is air ride.
Thanks given by:
What are you planning on putting the bags on?
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2016, 07:39 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: What are you planning on putting the bags on?

Not to sure yet. It'll be a tube chassis made by myself with a body that I havnt decided on yet. I can't decide on a beetle with a front mounted engine rwd and a roof chop or a ford pop type of body with an open engine bay and tubbed rear for wheel travel when lowerd. It's more a case of what's cheap and where can I get it from
Thanks given by:
Ford popular or model A.... nuff said
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
ford pop pickup with a dirty diesel v8 up front ThumbsUp
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I agree with toseland

(19-08-2016, 08:11 PM)Chris306 Wrote:
(19-08-2016, 07:39 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: What are you planning on putting the bags on?

Not to sure yet. It'll be a tube chassis made by myself with a body that I havnt decided on yet. I can't decide on a beetle with a front mounted engine rwd and a roof chop or a ford pop type of body with an open engine bay and tubbed rear for wheel travel when lowerd. It's more a case of what's cheap and where can I get it from

browse a few magazines like classic car mechanics, custom car, street machine (is it still in print?) autotrader etc. should be something in there.

(19-08-2016, 08:11 PM)Chris306 Wrote:

browse a few magazines like classic car mechanics, custom car, street machine (is it still in print?) autotrader etc. should be something in there.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: