Rear axle - drums to disc

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear axle - drums to disc
Hi!

If I can get a drum brake rear axle and i have disc brakes in rear, is it possible to make drum brakes dissapear and disc brakes appear?
My car probably had abs, but it isnot working and I am not too bothered to sort it out!

And if I look citroen direction, what model I should seek for rear axle repalcement?
Thanks given by:
I need to know this because it is hard to get disc brake rear axle to rebuild. Since rear axle on my car is starting to act like it would be failing.
Thanks given by:
If you have a rear axel that it fecked that is disc for the trailing arms then yes as I found a very good drum axel pressed the good tubes out of the drum trailing arms then back into the disc arms and jobs done 
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
thank you! if everything goes to plan, then I might start project thrad since MOT will be soon, lots of small repairs!
Thanks given by:
Remember some drum axles had poorer spec with torsion bar and arb size. Also stub axles are different drum to disc.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Tomorrow I will go and see rear beam from hdi hatch year 2000 with disc brakes as well, so might be my lucky day!
Thanks given by:
Hi, sorry but i don't quite understand, can you interchange (mismatch) the arms (brake or drum) from different axles?

For example, original drum axle with disc's arms instead and disc (probably harder) torsion bars.
Thanks given by:
No one?
Thanks given by:
Yeah you can do that, ive put drum arms on a disc axle when i rebuilt one as i wanted to maintain the drums and cross tube was better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thx, that's what i will probably do, but have to open both axle's and compare witch one is in better condition.
Also.... the brake line splitter from the drum axle can be ported over the disc one (it doesn't have one)?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear stub axle sizes weka 2 2,073 26-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: weka
  rear axle joe67 4 2,663 25-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
  rear axle beam tube quality dsm482 10 3,907 22-12-2017, 02:01 AM
Last Post: dsm482