Intermittent non-starting fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent non-starting fault
Hi everyone.
Wondering if any of you guys can help me out on an intermittent starting problem on my Peugeot 306 hdi estate with stage 1 map.
For no apparent reason , be it rain or snow or even hot conditions my car does not start occasionally. All the dash board lights come on when I turn the key, the starter motor turns and wants to fire but nothing !!! I then turn off the ignition and try again. It always starts the second time without a problem.
Any ideas what this intermittent fault may be gents ? Thanks.
Regards
Thanks given by:
Probably the start of an immobiliser fault. See if you can get it on diagnostics when it next happens, i expect it'll show a communication error, if you're lucky it'll show a fault code when you scan it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sounds like what I had on the estate and turned out the be the ECU/Fuel pump relay.

When you go to start listen out if you can hear the tank pump prime. I fitted a volt meter in the pump circuit to diagnose it easier.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much for your input.I'll try your suggestions and I'll get back to you.
Regards
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2016, 07:47 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Sounds like what I had on the estate and turned out the be the ECU/Fuel pump relay.

When you go to start listen out if you can hear the tank pump prime. I fitted a volt meter in the pump circuit to diagnose it easier.

have you got a pic/diagram of this? Idea
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...#pid506276

I basically connected that little volt meter to the plug under the glovebox I can't remember which pins. I found the pins via a thread where someones plug burnt out, I'll try and find it.

The attachments don't work on the thread I got the details off Sad

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...870&page=2
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent not starting aggyj17 13 2,251 23-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  406hdi 110bhp - Intermittent Starting anto 8 1,868 26-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Last Post: anto
Exclamation "Intermittent Fault. Cylinder reference sensor. Consistency when stopped." JamesG 20 7,659 20-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Last Post: JamesG