Strange gear changes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange gear changes
Hi guys, Aint been on for a while.
This problem has been going on for a bit now and I am not sure if it is normal or what really but I will see what you guys think.

Basically when I change up a gear I find that the revs drop very fast. Like I have to properly throw the gears in really quickly otherwise I get a jolt as I lift the clutch and the revs rise again. I don't think its my driving as I have never had problems with other cars.

I have checked out that switch under the pedal and it seems to be lined up right and I checked the resistance across it with the pedal up and down and it seems to be working. 

I find its hard to rev match on the down shift as well as I blip the accelerator and the revs rise but then slam back down really quickly again haha. Its driving me a bit mad as it makes driving very un-smooth.

When changing up its can be made much less noticeable by gently keeping my foot on the accelerator then the revs drop slower and it changes lovely and smooth.

Is it just me and my driving habbits or can this be caused by something?

Thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Does it idle ok? MAF?
Thanks given by:
HDis are normally pretty slow to drop the revs, most modern cars are mapped that way to make it easier to change smoothly. First shout would have been that clutch switch tbh, so as tigerstyle says.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hmm Ruan might have an idea on this - sounds like clutch switch though
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Well sometimes it does it sometimes not so bad. I am wondering if its dodgy wiring from the switch to the ECU as the switch seems to be alright having tested it with a multi-meter.

But as with the gear change problem idles are sometimes a problem as well. Like sometimes it will idle dead flat other times it will fluctuate. Just wondering what cables and sensors to check really atm as I can't seem to find any sort of clear link with anything as to when the idle fluctuates or not.

The MAF should be alright I would think as it was a brand new Bosch one about 8 months ago. Only ever used the proper air box setup with this one as well and filter is changed regularly Smile

Thanks
Thanks given by:
It's tough to tell without driving it, any chance of driving someone else's HDi or getting someone who knows their HDi to drive yours?
Thanks given by:
Yeahh might be worth a good tbf thinking about it. Will have to see if anyone local will let me. I know a lad near by that might be able to have a go at driving mine
Hopefully it will be on bad behaviour when I go up to see him though haha as otherwise it will just feel fine.
Thanks given by:
Don't know how good Bosch mafs are, siemens is genuine.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha sorry it was Siemens. Bosch was one on my corsa. Getting mixed up.
Thanks given by:
Have you got any fault codes relating to the clutch switch?

Need to get it on pp2k and see if the clutch switch is working correctly... The filtering of the throttle signal is bypassed depending whether the clutch switch is active or inactive... Although from memory the default when the clutch switch is detected as invalid is to leave the filter enabled... Although I cannot remember tbh..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No fault codes from the blutooth reader I have. Although tbh I really do need to get peugeot planet sorted out. I been saying I'll get round to that for ages.

I am not sure the whole way it works really. All I know is its a switch so I checked for continuity through it with a multi meter and when switched on and off its reading changed. I then checked it was tight in position and that's okay.
Thanks given by: