setting up spray booth at home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting up spray booth at home
so has anyone sprayed at home? will have a big double garage soon and need a palce to spray the kingfisher and another car. thought sod it ill do it myself. however i have no idea what im doing or what i need. any help would be appreciated. its not something i takle often body work so it will be a first to me. The other car i have doesnt need to be mint and will be a sort of practice run. the kingfisher however needs to be dam near perfect
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I did......Made some videos on it and probs lots of photos in my thread, but re painted my entire car at home in the workshop.... All ill say is dont under estimate the time / effort required for prep, and also no matter how much effort you make damping down / cleaning the workshop to reduce dust, its still your worst enemy, and soon realise why paint booths have air down through floor! That said, Given the small cost of paint, i was pretty happy overall with my results for what it cost / my level of experiance...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
First of all, sort out an air fed mask. For a favour I sprayed the engine bay and interior of a mates 205 track car while in his barn (very poor ventilation, air movement). That night my heart was racing and I couldn't get to sleep. I was wearing my 3m mask but 2k stuff is deadly stuff.

Came out pretty nice though:
[Image: 20160414_180255_zpsw5rtiqym.jpg]

[Image: 20160414_185601_zps69ylj39k.jpg]

For your spray gun buy the Devilbiss FLG5 1.4 tip. Its about £70 and its the BEST gun for that sort of money. Will spray your primers, basecoat and clear coats easy.
Thanks given by:
3 enemies...water in the air lines, keeping dust out the paint and chemicals out your lungs
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So soend insane amounts of time on preping then. I watch your videos darren so i have a rough idea through that. The air fed mask thing is a must. When i move in a few weeks ill clean the workshop before i start anything and i suppose ill have to get a water trap for compressor line as well.

Ill have a look into the spray guns online thanks for the heads up
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Yes air fed mask is essential, I got one specifically for doing the job, no point risking your health over something like that.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2016, 07:16 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Yes air fed mask is essential, I got one specifically for doing the job, no point risking your health over something like that.

my thoughts exactly for this one. as i have two cars to do i thought it was probably worth the investment. Plus if i need to do anything in the future i have equipment ready for it as well. going to be a few months before i spray i reckon as ive got to sort some welding on a couple. if it gets to cold however ill put it off till april may next year, or figure out how to heat the small garage to a reasonable temperature.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Spray on Instant Shine / Polish silverzx 10 3,906 22-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Spray Guns / Spraying mcglynn 15 2,186 21-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Last Post: gretsch-drummer
  Black Paint...Talk to me...Re-Spray darrenjlobb 52 20,166 28-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb