Car bump...what would you do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car bump...what would you do?
(25-07-2016, 12:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah I understand that...but I'd be ringing the brokers, Brentacre and talking to a chap I've delt with for a few years and sent a lot of business his way... If that makes sense?

sure. if youre super pally and can get away with a casual chat about it then do it.
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 07:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: ...but wasn't that your fault?!

They cut me up and stopped in front of me.. so not exactly. personally i think it was a wannabe 'crash for cash' hero.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2016, 01:58 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(25-07-2016, 07:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: ...but wasn't that your fault?!

They cut me up and stopped in front of me.. so not exactly. personally i think it was a wannabe 'crash for cash' hero.

Ah I didnt realise.

Was it put down as a 50/50 then...can't see I can end up with that as i was 20feet from the car lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Micky says £250+vat to repair.

Will contact the driver tomorrow see what he says
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2016, 10:34 PM)maxaret Wrote: Yeah little bumps are funny things sometimes.
Many years ago I pulled onto the n/s verge as far as i could (narrow road) to let a towed horse box go past (I also stopped my car),lady driver pulls back onto the road a wee bit too early and scrapes my back bumper with her horsebox mudguard - I get out of the car and look at small scrape on bumper (only an old Renault) and was about to say 'don't worry about it' when she gets out of her car swearing at me and saying it was my fault - I just smiled and said 'I was stopped' but she would not shut up,I eventually said 'ok give me your insurance details' and at that point her Hubby gets out of car and said to get a quote and he would settle it - so I got an expensive quote,pocketed the money and left the bumper as it was Smile.

On a serious note - a friend of mine recently had her car damaged whilst parked and the other driver told her he would pay for the repair,but some weeks later he still had not coughed up and she eventually got it fixed by her insurers - turned out of course that the other guy was uninsured - but the damage on her car was severe enough to warrant a claim.

That guy is a menace on the road with no insurance. Turn him in and have his car impounded.
Thanks given by:
If you claim then next year your insurance will go up by more than a replacement 206 bumper will cost you.

Even though you are not at fault being hit shows that you are likely to drive or park in places or at times and/or in a manner that makes you more likely to be hit. Thus you are more of a risk and your insurance goes up.
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2016, 11:00 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Even though you are not at fault being hit shows that you are likely to drive or park in places or at times and/or in a manner that makes you more likely to be hit. Thus you are more of a risk and your insurance goes up.

What Dum-Dum said. It sucks but that's the way the insurance company sees it. When my vehicle was hit last, the lady coughed up £200 to get the bumper resprayed (I take my car to the independent body shop the local Peugeot Dealer uses) and that was the end of that, every party is happy.

On another crash, the guy insisted he didn't damage the exhaust and would only privately pay for a second hand bumper. Went through insurance in the end, the quote came to £1300 from the bodyshop when the car was worth £800 max. Insurance paid out.

My insurance did go up by about £50-70. My advice would be to get the other driver to cough up some cash to respray it. If he doesn't, take it on the chin. The problem is, the insurance companies see every claim as being the same, regardless whether it cost them £1 or £1 million, a claim is a claim to them.
Thanks given by:
funnily talking about insurences going up, my renewal has just came through and its gone up £144 a year for no reason, i'm now 25 and my 3 points from 5 years ago (phone) have cleared this year yet it goes up not down, i hate insurence! £120 a month... for a 1.4 !!

I'd stay away from the claim and get the guy to pay cash, as you wouldn't want your premium to go up for more than just 1 reason.
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 06:12 AM)P-Courty Wrote: funnily talking about insurences going up, my renewal has just came through and its gone up £144 a year for no reason, i'm now 25 and my 3 points from 5 years ago (phone) have cleared this year yet it goes up not down, i hate insurence! £120 a month... for a 1.4 !!

I'd stay away from the claim and get the guy to pay cash, as you wouldn't want your premium to go up for more than just 1 reason.

Renewal prices always go up. It's how they make their money. Go get another insurance quote!
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2016, 10:51 AM)BiG K Wrote:
(29-07-2016, 06:12 AM)P-Courty Wrote: funnily talking about insurences going up, my renewal has just came through and its gone up £144 a year for no reason, i'm now 25 and my 3 points from 5 years ago (phone) have cleared this year yet it goes up not down, i hate insurence! £120 a month... for a 1.4 !!

Renewal prices always go up. It's how they make their money. Go get another insurance quote!

Yeah you have to shop around every year.
I'm 24 and pay 390 per year for 15k miles p/a...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So he rekons £200 to repair it is too much so will go through insurance...

Am I permitted to specify which repair shop I can use??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2016, 01:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: So he rekons £200 to repair it is too much so will go through insurance...

Yes, as long as the repair shop is insurance approved, I picked my own repair shop. Also if your repair shop doesn't give out hire cars, you can request one and have the insurance cover it.
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2016, 01:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: So he rekons £200 to repair it is too much so will go through insurance...

Just ensure you enquire about YOUR insurance premium rise  and ask how you include that in your settlement.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2016, 08:56 PM)toseland Wrote:

Just ensure you enquire about YOUR insurance premium rise  and ask how you include that in your settlement.

Yeah I will be...thanks for the heads up on that ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bump strips Porty 14 2,074 16-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Ain't nothing wrong with a little Bump 'n' Rub MissTap_GTI6 43 14,278 17-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark