15 second running

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 second running
Hi hope someone can point me in the right direction. Went to the car this morning and turned over and it started then died tried again just the same. Have checked fuel and relays as best i can. Its as if its getting very little fuel after start up. What would everyone think next place to start fuel filter or pump or tank. Anyone had this problem. Cheers in advance for any help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
wouldn't hurt to change fuel filter?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Start with the fuel filter, if you have golden ground up flakes at the bottom, that would indicate LP pump.
Thanks given by:
It might be also worth checking the gause filter on the LP pump in the tank.
Thanks given by:
That sounds like an immobiliser fault. I'd check the bits suggested by the others first as those are much cheaper and easier to diagnose, make sure the pump runs when you turn the ignition on etc, but if you don't find anything there...

Gold flakes doesn't mean your LP pump is going, bit of a myth that one.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sounds like immo to me... You need to plug it in and check for faults...

And yes, gold flakes is a bit of a myth... My V50 had a load of filings in the housing... It doesn't even have a lift pump.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ok so if i pump the gas pedal i get it to last about 10 seconds longer and then dies. Wont the immobiliser just let it turn over and not fire. Whats the best kit to check everything over with

Thanks given by:
Ah if it runs it's not immobiliser. Definitely check your fuel filter and lp pump strainer, get it on diagnostics if you can.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lift your back seat and listen for the lift pump priming. When mine was playing up, I could turn the ignition on, lift pump would prime, car would start but then cutout after a short period (20 seconds ish?)

Sometimes the lift pump wouldn't prime at all, but the lift pump wasn't faulty, it was the regulator on the side of the HP fuel pump on the engine.

Easy-ish to get to, one plug and 2 x T30 torx bolts holding it in. Might be worth taking out, cleaning and checking condition of the o-rings and refitting, or replacing altogether

Trouble is that if the regulator is faulty it doesn't bring up an error code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Cheers people i not got round to looking as been working nights. Going to have a look tomorrow will start with the lp pump i think then work my way through all the above. Wheres the best place to get all the above lp pump and regulator and recommendations for suppliers

Thanks given by:
Cheers for the help people. Pulled the lp pump out and the gouse was full of crap clean it and check everything out. Also sucked the tank clean and filtered all the full. The tank now is very clean lol cleaned the lines and fuel filter and now runs lol. Next i think injecters out and refurbishment in order. Now just for drilling the crap peugeot pin locking nuts of since the garage broke the locking nut. Arrrh not having a good week.

Thanks given by:
Glad you're back up and running fella Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
If it's running fine i'd stop there tbh, might just expose yourself to more issues with injectors sealing etc. If it aint broke...

That's a shitter about the locking wheel nut, they should be sorting that out, not you!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I get you about if it aint broke. Will leave it there. I know they should fix it you don't need to tell me about it. The little shit that did the damage was a cocky twat and tried to say he never touched my car. As at first they couldn't find it to give me it back when i asked for it. Luckily i do have a friend who works there that dropped me text saying where to look in the fitting bays. Ie the little cocky ones top of his tool chest. All i can say is i am now barred and the the cocky shit isnt so cocky nor is the new manager either ooooooppppss.

Sorry rant over well for now ha ha

Thanks given by:
lady gardens. Sounds like a right shitter, glad to hear you didn't let them get away scot-free. Sorry for stating the obvious saying they should fix it, but you'd be amazed at the number of people on here who seem to believe the bullshit they've been fed by the cowboys with regards to who is responsible for fixing damage.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I know what you mean by it. I been around everything with a engine since i was born. Like to think i can hold my own. Try not to use garages if i can do it myself. The garage in question used to be a very good one till this new manager arrived and the good staff left. And he employed these idoit staff. Anyway wheel nut removal day has arrived let the fun begin

Thanks given by:
Pretty certain you can order a replacement wheel key if you have the code for it!
Thanks given by: