Design & Chop (forthcoming project)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design & Chop (forthcoming project)
hi all,
just want to ask who has relevant knowledge of how to turn the back wall of a gutted caravan into a tailgate/loading ramp?
I've a very old 10 footer I want to set upon next year.
I do know I will have to put in more bracing to make up for the alterations.
cheers!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Wow. What a plan! Not sure anyone will have an experience of this.
Thanks given by:
Surely just build a ramp? Caravans are made of cheese, cardboard and polystyrene
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2016, 01:39 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Surely just build a ramp? Caravans are made of cheese, cardboard and polystyrene

dont forget duct tape and super glue Tongue

if/when you remove the back, it will most likly want to collapse in on you, there may not be enough floor strength to take the weight of a car, or a full load of stuff, so that will need addressing.

you may be better off just scrapping everything above the chassis and doing it from scratch.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
As above, I can't see a caravan being strong enough. I was amazed how easily this fell apart...

[Image: caravandryer004.jpg]

[Image: caravan001.jpg]

[Image: caravan002.jpg]

[Image: caravan004.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, caravan shells really aren't strong. Had a bloke pull over onto the road leading onto our estate with one. He'd lost a wheel off the (single axle) van and it had totally demolished the rear corner. I spent an hour or so helping him rip it down to the floor boards. We collapsed the sides flat onto the floor and then dropped the roof on top. All the loose stuff went in dumpy bags in his van.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Design fault on ph3 Jukie88 22 7,599 24-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Orta
  306 design "improvements" Magenta Sunset 13 3,360 14-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Orta
  do we have club flyers/would anyone want to design some? Magenta Sunset 13 3,181 31-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum