So who is a mechanic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who is a mechanic
(23-07-2016, 05:48 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(22-07-2016, 08:48 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(22-07-2016, 05:35 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: None of you are mechanics you're all glorified fitters

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

what..........

Ignore him, he's just some tool that likes to stir and thinks he's the shit.

Yeah but he has got the fastest DTurbo in the universe, apparently it shits all over Darrens and Piggys cars cos it's got a TD04 so maybe we should let Atlas off.
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2016, 11:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 05:48 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(22-07-2016, 08:48 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(22-07-2016, 05:35 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: None of you are mechanics you're all glorified fitters

what..........

Ignore him, he's just some tool that likes to stir and thinks he's the shit.

Yeah but he has got the fastest DTurbo in the universe, apparently it shits all over Darrens and Piggys cars cos it's got a TD04 so maybe we should let Atlas off.

This isn't jaws
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
We may be "glorified fitters" but if it wasnt for us, how would your car have an mot and be road legal? What about when you need new tyres? Idiot..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I've never been a glorified anything.... Usually its "grease monkey"...
I'll take it lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
One for Rippthrough

Thanks given by:
Just LOL.. Atlas I've seen your work and you're no better than the "glorified fitters" you speak of. Wind your neck in lol

For the record, I'm a workshop technician. Having no quals, I'm not a mechanic. However, I've had several year's experience working on cars before I started in the industry 3 years ago.. I've found a good reputation and attitude will get you miles further than any college qualifications.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2016, 03:27 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Just LOL.. Atlas I've seen your work and you're no better than the "glorified fitters" you speak of. Wind your neck in [emoji38]

For the record, I'm a workshop technician. Having no quals, I'm not a mechanic. However, I've had several year's experience working on cars before I started in the industry 3 years ago.. I've found a good reputation and attitude will get you miles further than any college qualifications.
Thanks for your input

(23-07-2016, 10:53 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: We may be "glorified fitters" but if it wasnt for us, how would your car have an mot and be road legal? What about when you need new tyres? Idiot..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I am a chef

3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I don't know what you're all getting wound up about. Glorified fitters is a big step up for most of you pikeys Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Its only since buying the pug that I've become more interested in doing repair or maintenance work myself, if anything is beyond my level (that being the practical, theory I understand perfectly) I'd much rather someone experienced do it on my behalf so I don't land my 306 in a ditch somewhere after tampering with it.

My very first job was in fact a HGV fitter apprenticeship in a large vehicle depot. Unfortunately I was pretty much forced in to it by my parents so at the time, I bloody hated it with a passion. Now, down the line I'm thinking to myself damn, I wish I stuck around and made something of it. I'll blame a turbulent home life for that.

I work with electronics (service lab) now in telecommunications / data installation. No qualifications, college or uni but at the end of the day 90% of it is common sense, communication, theory and problem solving. With the right technical data to hand and an open mind to learn, its fairly simple to transfer your knowledge in to different fields.
Thanks given by:
I am but when you work for yourself running a machine dependant business you need to be . I don't think throwing away a thing that you can mend yourself and getting a new one is a response. Many skills are needed to do so, unless you are someone with bottomless funds, and for most of us it's a veto on that approach
Thanks given by:
bike mechanic .. well was! just not enough work or enjoyment in it anymore so now do bikes on the side

now working for Volvo in parts lol
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 12:47 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: bike mechanic .. well was! just not enough work or enjoyment in it anymore so now do bikes on the side

ooooh any forum discount? Lol
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 04:56 PM)Anton Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 12:47 PM)PocketFighter Wrote: bike mechanic .. well was! just not enough work or enjoyment in it anymore so now do bikes on the side

Can offer trade if thats any help lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah that may will help ☺ . Need a cambelt doing too
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 06:00 PM)PocketFighter Wrote:

Wonderful! Dad's just got C30 so that could be helpful, especially being local.

When you say bike mechanic, do you mean Motorbike? There's a motorbike repair place in Gladstone road in Addiscombe., I believe it's to do with the KTM place on the main road.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 07:08 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 06:00 PM)PocketFighter Wrote:

Wonderful! Dad's just got C30 so that could be helpful, especially being local.

When you say bike mechanic, do you mean Motorbike? There's a motorbike repair place in Gladstone road in Addiscombe., I believe it's to do with the KTM place on the main road.

Yup i used to work for them, InMoto... didnt end on very good terms... doesnt help with a huge staff turn over!

C30 a great car, the 5 pot is the best option to go for really as the other engines dont really suit the chassis albeit a fiesta/focus underneath, V40 is a cracking car which has replaced it but the best car in the entire Volvo range is the V70, which is soon to be replaced by the V90 (looks bloody sexy and is based on the XC90 SPA platform) how well it will do in comparisson to the V70 is another matter!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car Mechanic Simulator lolsteve 19 4,401 08-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: dwanepipe
  Thinking of starting a mobile mechanic business strictly_perv 10 6,017 21-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Last Post: dturbopeck