Zx volcane 3dr project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx volcane 3dr project
Only just joined but every 1 been very helpfull so cheers as i will need advice along the way and a bit of help 

So many years ago i had a one of these and loved it now 3drs dont often come up and 1 night messing on ebay spotted this one had previously been sold but got damaged so sale fell 

So i got me hands on it paid pennys but had to travel 330miles 

When i got the car was a bit worn to be fair 22yr old 176k but only 3 owners and loads of history 

Also has a slipping clutch
[Image: IMG_0836_zpslypxos0t.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0841_zpslyha9kco.jpg]
So when i got it back home 
Wet vac the whole inside took ages as was black ended up looking like this 

[Image: 20160603_194342_zpsmorie2oa.jpg]
Then 
Replaced clutch 
Handbrake cables 
Ball joints 
Service 
Oil pressure switch 
All 8 injector seals 
Leak off pipes
Then off to my mates body shop to give her a bit love 
[Image: 20160601_154327_zpsmfvupicn.jpg]
Also had spoiler and roof trims re done satin black 

This has been done over the last 3 months and now she looks like this 
[Image: 20160603_194247_zpswdavon3n.jpg]
[Image: 20160603_194201_zpsy6chqatd.jpg]
Looks presentable all considering 

I do have some 205 speedlines will begoing on
A suspension kit to go on 
Need to find some 1 to lower rear beam
Sort out small leak on pump or find some one who can mod one
Then turn boost and pump up 
After reading many posts on here bosch and t2 ok for 20psi 

And what ever else a find on my way haha

Sorry for the long story but thank you in advance 
Dan
Thanks given by:
Stunning

Watched this on ebay, so glad that you gave it the love it quite rightly deserved and restored to former glory.

One to watch (for me anyway) Smile

Will look mint on speedlines + you will have room then for 266mm or even 283mm brake setup which doesn't half improve the stopping power.

Just put a pair of 266mm on our zx estate and its night and day, can just about get them under the original 14inch vocanes too if you want to be able to revert back sometime.
Thanks given by:
Yeah was on ebay then took off because damage i rang the bloke ad.we agreed a price a whole £300 then off i went to collect lol 

Do you just need the calipers of say a gti or hdi then your good to go as it on my list to do also being a non abs car quite like the idear or better brakes al get so more pics ect up as n when i get stuff done suspension is dye to be delivered next week so there a sunday job but need to find some one for rear beam or if i feel i have time might give it ago me self lol
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 10:30 AM)Danhrc Wrote: Yeah was on ebay then took off because damage i rang the bloke ad.we agreed a price a whole £300 then off i went to collect lol 

Do you just need the calipers of say a gti or hdi then your good to go as it on my list to do also being a non abs car quite like the idear or better brakes al get so more pics ect up as n when i get stuff done suspension is dye to be delivered next week so there a sunday job but need to find some one for rear beam or if i feel i have time might give it ago me self lol

yep just the calipers mate, easy swap, like Thomas says you can fit 283's under speedlines, they sometimes just catch on the wheel balancing weights but i've never had too much of a problem, it just wears a bit off lol Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Aww well looks like that will be on the list have suspension to do next week then replace radiator it not leaking but has pritty much lost all its fins lol then i will do the brakes witch calipers are whitch size if that makes sence 

Cheers dan
Thanks given by:
that looks very tidy! hope youre happy with it. 3 doors look so much better than the 5s!
Thanks given by:
Yeah happy with it a loved the last one a had 11yr ago this one is getting there 
Ave got a small leak on diesel pump coming from were pump head bolts to body (the part were u have to remove throttle arm to get to the hex key) so there somting else to fit but you cant expect it to be perfect after 22yr so am happy need so more power n boost just to keep is entertained lol
Thanks given by:
That's a nice tidy example. Seats came up a treat. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
They came up canny took ages to get that clean 
Ave got a suspension kit to go on next week altho only 40mm drop dont know if thats enough have 15" speedlines to go on al see what it looks like once on 

In for mot 2 day as ran out so hopefully it passes lol
Thanks given by:
Passed mot today at graft altho i now have 2 questions 

The sill on drivers side is advisory starting to rust so any i know if you can get replacements at all or is it a case of making them 

Also while on the ramp the suspension on the front is peugeot shocks with long numbers but just under the spring seat it has 16v printed on them are these gti items or just random ?? I have a full replacement kit to go on but just wanted to know 

Thank you dan
Thanks given by:
Tidiest ZX I've seen in a while mate kudos
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Its ok not perfect but good for its age now need to find a sill or make a replacment and there a few dents that have appeared but ita on its way to being a good example of a mk1 3dr (altho ave spent more than its worth lol) 

Still got a few things to do 
Suspension next week 
Radiator after that as it missing most of it fins fans work perfect but not fantastic at keeping it cool 
Wheels and sill repair or replace after that the list keeps getting bigger haha
Thanks given by:
Nice project Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2016, 03:32 PM)Danhrc Wrote: Passed mot today at graft altho i now have 2 questions 

The sill on drivers side is advisory starting to rust so any i know if you can get replacements at all or is it a case of making them 

Also while on the ramp the suspension on the front is peugeot shocks with long numbers but just under the spring seat it has 16v printed on them are these gti items or just random ?? I have a full replacement kit to go on but just wanted to know 

Thank you dan

Sills are not available, you'll have to form some. If you do, do two extra and I'll happily buy them off you :O

As far as I know, the volcane diesel shares the same shocks as the 16v volcane - hence the 16v.

They're deffo uprated over usual items thats for sure.
Thanks given by:
As Tom says, sills aren't available sadly but thankfully they are a pretty simple shape to form.
Thanks given by:
That will explain the 16v part then think they be due a change altho they dont look 22 

I didnt think you could get sills as look and nothing turned up al take it to my mates shop take then skirts off and have a look how bad i know its only the drivers side its only small but will end up a hole so best get it all cut out now ect 

Going to put the suspension on the night after graft i will post a pic of what looks like after they on will have to do rear at later date lol

Ps if my mate can knock a few sills up i will see what he would charge i also know another guy who is a old skool metal worker but its if he gets the time as he ve cheaper as he would do it for materials and some beer haha thanks for all the help
Thanks given by:
Good news then shit news 
Went to do suspension went like hell every thing that could go wrong did so only 1 strut on and and need to order track rod end as nut is f*cked 

Checked sill as can only see a tiny hole moved sill covers back had a prod and made a massive hole so decided that i havnt got time to get everything sorted 
So once the suspension is sorted and on its upfor sale as put to much money in it and have no time to sort out with work and little one 

Will update once things progress
Thanks given by:
ahh feck, really?

Someone local lend this chap a hand, hes nearly there.

Car is looking great with all the effort you've put in, wouldn't take much to sort sills ..etc
Thanks given by:
It was a bad and fustrating day yesterday the car is really nice they aint many left ave spent a bit of money on it just trying to keep another one on the road ect it dosnt need a lot really just running out of time and trying to fit it all in with work and use as daily is just proving  a bit to tight i will get the suspension put on the night fingers crossed after work then i will probs cut my losses and  pass it to some one else (altho awaiting log book back) i because it has the skirts on you couldt see much of the sill untill i had a good poke at it now you can lol 

If any one is intrested just let me know not looking for a fortune for it also have a set if gti speedlines part rubbed down for painting to go with it suspension kit should be fitted but if now will put normal shock on and include kit 2springs 4 shocks 

Would love for it to be saved 
It does have other small issues that i will lost for any 1 intrested 

Cheers dan
Thanks given by:
This is the one that was on Gumtree for £175 and the guy bought it cleaned it and banged it on eBay. Wish I'd got it off gumtree was a right bargain, car looks mint really miss my zx need another volcane in my life.
Thanks given by:
It was pritty good for its age ave spent a few quid getting it to how it is now spent more than its worth to be fair but thats just the way it is some times they a very under rated car the zx and more so the volcane if ya need another one this one be for sale it does have a few issues nothing to exciting main one would be the sill needs replaced but it drives spot on and is well is just a cool car gets loads of looks and comments every wear
Thanks given by:
If I had space I'd consider buying this. Great looking car.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If it wasn't so far away I would be welding it now.
I love it.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Lol thats what 1 thought when a seen it on ebay but still bit the bullet for train lol  out if interest how much you guys think its worth the way it is ie requires a sill cv boot diesel pump has slight leak central locking needs looked at but will include 205gti speed lines and suspension kit was thinking between 4-500 max does that seam about right any info would be  good or if you know any 1 looking for 1 a just havnt got the time with work little one and trying to use as a daily strange thing is a love the car lol
Thanks given by:
Crowdfund this guy to get his sills done.

If I had the space I'd have it off you for sure
Thanks given by:
if its any help i can re seal the pump for you and weld the sill once ive moved. im bury st edmunds way. if you really like the car it may be a viable option for you. im struggling to sell my fairly clean problem free zx atm, but then again thats a five door.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Hi, I've got a zx very similar to yours, but it's a 5 door and a couple of years older. Yours looks really clean, you should definitely not give up on it. Btw how difficult was it to remove the red piping from the bumpers/door strips- mine's tatty on the front bumper, I have some spare to replace it but I'm terrified of breaking it- have you seen the cost of replacement trim on eBay for these?
Thanks given by:
Yeah the price of trims is silly i cheated and use vinyl to save removing them and when a say i i meant my mates bodyshop lol yeah its a nice car just needs a little bit love but a aint got the time with little one and work is a shame just bad timing on my side i will put it up for sale on this site in next few days for around £300-350 inc speedlines and suspension kit ect how old is yours and a still have a massive soft.spot for these cars
Thanks given by:
It's a silver 5 door k reg, I remember seeing yours listed on eBay, he guy initially took a good offer then crashed it into a gate post causing the damage, what a bummer, but meant you could get it cheap at least. What's this suspension kit you speak of, mine needs a rear beam build and part of me is thinking of refreshing the fronts at the same time
Thanks given by:
Its been ages since i have been on here many reasons ect but i still have the zx i was going to sell it but cant bring me self to as its just well cool and you never see them ave spent more than its worth so far any way so i have a new plan the suspension is goin on new track rod ends radiator and the sill is gettin replaced so she be on the road again by end of jan may need some help of yous along the way
Thanks given by: