Pokemon Go Chat Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Go Chat Thread
The first problem i thought about was the die hard 90s kids or pokemon fans who may unfortunately be disabled, how do they play? There has been a idea of possibly google street view incorporated for them to walk round with a d-pad, but that is only an idea, data usage would be huge and i guess servers would be 10x worse. btw mines been down since this morning too.
Thanks given by:
Downloaded it the other day, picked up about 18 Pokemon and a few stops in my home town, very little where I am now (At the Girlfriends families holiday home)

I think theres so many pros to this game, the getting out and about, seeing places that you never knew existed, something to do on roadtrips etc, but I genuinelly think the bad PR the games been recieving isn't fair, I mean, the developers never intended for people to stumble across dead bodies etc, but that's what the press will focus on, obviously. Kids shouldn't be allowed to play without an aduly, there's no way to control that realistically, so, I blame the parants haha.

When I get a good afternoon, i'll be combining the game with geocaching (Which is fantastic, for anyone who hasn't heard of it check it out)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2016, 11:01 PM)DavyCookie Wrote: Downloaded it the other day, picked up about 18 Pokemon and a few stops in my home town, very little where I am now (At the Girlfriends families holiday home)

I think theres so many pros to this game, the getting out and about, seeing places that you never knew existed, something to do on roadtrips etc, but I genuinelly think the bad PR the games been recieving isn't fair, I mean, the developers never intended for people to stumble across dead bodies etc, but that's what the press will focus on, obviously. Kids shouldn't be allowed to play without an aduly, there's no way to control that realistically, so, I blame the parants haha.

When I get a good afternoon, i'll be combining the game with geocaching (Which is fantastic, for anyone who hasn't heard of it  check it out)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Aha, a fellow Geocacher! Sadly since the birth of my youngest, I've not got out to do much 'caching, but hopefully coupled with this game, I might be able to get out and get some more ticked off my local list. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've just found out pokemon stands for pocket monsters after 20 years... How did I not know this before! lol
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2016, 08:21 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I've just found out pokemon stands for pocket monsters after 20 years...  How did I not know this before! lol

you mong.
Thanks given by:
Went to a lure today, got many rattatas! Not great

Almost got 3 gyms for my collect today! Got booted out of the 1st as I was beating the 3rd! would have gone back if they 1st wasn't 14 miles away!

I'm sure its not logging my distance properly either. Do a 1.9 km journey twice a day when i'm in work, and the egg thingy logs it as 0.8km
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2016, 07:35 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I'm sure its not logging my distance properly either. Do a 1.9 km journey twice a day when i'm in work, and the egg thingy logs it as 0.8km

Is that on foot though? obviously won't count anything done above a fast walking pace...not sure if there is an actual figure, but I'd imagine it discounts anything much above 8-10mph.
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2016, 07:43 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(20-07-2016, 07:35 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I'm sure its not logging my distance properly either. Do a 1.9 km journey twice a day when i'm in work, and the egg thingy logs it as 0.8km

Is that on foot though? obviously won't count anything done above a fast walking pace...not sure if there is an actual figure, but I'd imagine it discounts anything much above 8-10mph.

Yep, I walk it. Up and down Tring high street twice a day, there are 9-10 pokestops to collect!
Thanks given by:
Maybe you're walking too fast! [emoji38]
Thanks given by:
have you got the app open all the time? it needs to be running int he background.

spent 2 hours playing tonight, caught nothing and it froze whenever we got to a pokestop, gym or pokemon. Servers are just shite. We both had a bttery pack. 4g and a clean gps signal. Not happy :'(
Thanks given by:
It's been playing up tonight badly
Thanks given by:
Been shitey for us tonight too which is disappointing as it's the rare occasion my mate isn't finishing work at 11pm. Used his lure on the pokestop outside the pub but think I only got a couple because of the servers.
Thanks given by:
App running (go past 2 gyms and loads of pokestops)

Will do it again today and see what happens!
Thanks given by:
took a slightly longer walk (3-400m more) and it logged 1.9km. so not too bad!
Thanks given by:
I don't even walk to hatch eggs [emoji14] i turn my location to gps only, put my tablet on the table and leave it, my character randomly walks around the estate haha
Thanks given by:
Top tip, download offline maps for the local area to save data.

Top tip 2; name the eevee either vaporeon, jolteon, or flareon, and they will evolve into that carnation

Level 1548 vaporeon and currently level 15

We have 3 poke stops that you can sir in between.

Egg, three lures and sit on the bench soaking up xp
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
im not sure those names for eveeloutions are correct. Ive seen you need "rainer", "sparky" or "pyro" and then they evolve to whatever you want. Also i thought that the offline maps theory was busted.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2016, 08:22 AM)Eeyore Wrote: im not sure those names for eveeloutions are correct. Ive seen you need "rainer", "sparky" or "pyro" and then they evolve to whatever you want. Also i thought that the offline maps theory was busted.
I seen that about offline maps supposidly it doesn't make any difference as they are not related to the app, not tryed it though so wouldn't know... also didn't know about that eevee will have to dig abit more to find out.
Thanks given by:
Been doing really well lately - level 16, highest PC is 980 dewgong, then a pinsir and a hypno and jolteon.

Need to graft for a little while now whilst i restock my empty bags!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
yeh my sac is pretty empty. Havent got many pokeballs at the moment. Need a big session to sort that out.

Currently still 13.5. Took 3k off a gym today. parasect is a total boss!
Thanks given by:
Level 17. But all my pokemon are below 1000cp!! Seriously short on potions now
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biker chat Strikeforce 20 5,138 28-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  The Random Chat/Insomnia/Procrastination Thread WiNgNuTz 1,781 638,172 17-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  Formula One Chat Ben Jay 24 5,781 07-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark