206 gti wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 gti wheel
Came across a 206 gti 180 wheel in the scrap yard picked it up and paid 3 quid for it (no airbag) seems like there is a lot involved in getting this to fit a 306? As its not deep enough has anyone fitted one and can point me in the right direction please
Thanks given by:
think you have to cut or remove the column shroud mate . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The stalks seem to be in the way without column covers unless there is some way to space out the steering wheel a few mil
Thanks given by:
They do fit
but they sit closer to the stalks (you can push the stalk holder down a little bit.
and as above, the shroud needs cutting back quite a bit.
Thanks given by:
Looks like i have a little challenge then, as with airbag there was none do i need a gti airbag or will a standard 206 airbag fit gti wheel? Presuming its the same size?? Popping in to see a metal fabricator this week to see what we can come up with
Thanks given by:
same airbag as far as I know.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the mk2 wheel is a pig.
I found the splines were not quite right, the shroud needs cutting and stalks moving.
Then once you've done that you'll find the seating position even worse as you'll meed your knees at your ears to reach the wheel...unless you have short legs and long arms
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh and you really have to commit to fitting it as you need cut of the lugs for the original shroud
Thanks given by:
loosen the clamp bolt to the lower column and tug upwards, you'll get a bit more clearance then.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
My friend the matal fabricator has said he would weld a spacer onto the wheel, and then proceded to inform me that it would come with many risks, mainly the possibilty of colapsing during an accident........

I have the centre of an old wheel with splines that i could weld onto gti wheel but struggling to get it cut down to correct spacing

Also would need a longer wheel bolt does anyone know of a peugeot that has a longer centre wheel bolt?
Thanks given by:
f*ck welding a steering wheel
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah please dont go cutting/grinding/weldin a steerin wheel for yours and other road users safteys sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
The wheel is fitted and you will be glad to know i went against the welding idea now time to get jiggy with the dremel and start trimming the cowel until it fits
Thanks given by:
Will take plenty of pics incase anyone fancies this challenge
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20160713_204811_zpsvoosevit.jpg]

Has any one done this i was wondering if the airbag centre ring from 206 will fit into 306?

[Image: 20160713_203724_zpsj8rjczpc.jpg]
These clips need removing to allow enough space behind for wheel to sit properly

[Image: 20160713_220150_zpshouyukcl.jpg]

Then i marked the swing of the wheel top dead centre round and started to trim back the cowel more will need to be removed as progress moves on
Thanks given by:
I just used the 306 clock spring. The 2nd set of wires are for horn.

All you got to do now is figure out is how to secure the cowl.

Auto cancel on the indicators won't work properly either.
Thanks given by:
I think I saw that wheel lol, I was after the comm unit behind it but someone already took the wheel etc off and had nabbed the comm2000... the airbag was there when I saw it but they are changeable as I fitted a 206gti wheel to my daily 206 and both airbags fit... just make sure you get the later type as theres a screw on type and one held on with the spring clip, you need the latter.

Ohh if you come across any alcantera seats locally can you drop me a bell? after a drivers base (passenger base will do and I'll have it altered)
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2016, 11:41 AM)MCH Wrote: I think I saw that wheel lol, I was after the comm unit behind it but someone already took the wheel etc off and had nabbed the comm2000... the airbag was there when I saw it but they are changeable as I fitted a 206gti wheel to my daily 206 and both airbags fit... just make sure you get the later type as theres a screw on type and one held on with the spring clip, you need the latter.

Ohh if you come across any alcantera seats locally can you drop me a bell? after a drivers base (passenger base will do and I'll have it altered)

Will keep my ears and eyes open for you mate.

Yeh i went back a couple of days later and grabbed the airbag so got full set up just need to get it to connect properly.

As for holding together i will relocate the mounting screws to the middle if i have enough clearance, i have the 206 cowel too to get handy with a plastic welder to tidy it all up its going in the van so doesnt have to be factory finish just prettier than looking stolen.
Thanks given by: