TOP CAM BELT COVER

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP CAM BELT COVER
Please can someone help.

I cant seem to get into service box to find the exploded view of the cam belt covers, so see where the bolts are that hold the dam things on!

I know that one of the top cover bolts is involved with the water pump, a slot in the top cover which fits over this bolt and the bottom cover, and pinched by it, the water pump bolt in question that is. 

bolt positions and clarity on the w/pump pinch bolt is what i am after please.

If you have a top cover to hand, please could you post a picture so i can see the bolt holes involved please, or know of an existing picture on here that i can see/study.

All help greatly appreciated.

may have seen hole in cam belt thread page six      

Cheers guys, top cover off, slipped a wrench in and got the tensioner to loosen a 12th of a turn, so the locking key went from being aligned at 5 o'clock to 6 o'clock.
Did the twist test, and couldn't quite get it to 90° before, can do it now with a little bit of ease.
Not too hard to squeeze in with the covers off, and nothing else needed disturbing.

Just a water leak to fix and project is done for now!
It's from the new rear water housing I bought, bolts are all tight, but it leaks, think the o-ring must be naff, or it needed a layer of instant gasket to go with it.
[Image: fzpVdfZ.jpg?1]

ve seen the w/pump bolt in thread cam belt page 6 picture didnt copy and paste dam, and the bottom hose to cyl block elbow looks plastic, oh joy.
Thanks given by:
Whilst exploring and looking for info on here about the top cam belt cover bolts etc, I came across a "how to" on the other place which went some way to help clear up the bolts problem.

I noticed right at the end of the thread and can i ask, the adjusting cam belt idler, the adjusting idler square hole, when the idler is fitted correctly, and adjusted to the cam belt, the square hole is at the bottom?? meaning turn the idler anticlockwise to adjust tighter, and clockwise to unadjust/slacken off??

Panic over, looking in  my notes ( which have all come from here, with a little bit from the actual car, still a 306 tyro i  am )  I have come across the autodata sheets on cam belt 306 which came from here, as it has the forum "letterhead".

The adjusting square is below the pivot bolt, so anticlockwise the tighten the belt.

Oddly the picture of the belt layout etc. does not show the 3 bolt drive camshaft sprocket to cam drive hub??

Anyways it time to  bight the bullet and finally replace the cam belt etc. before it breaks belting down the m4 in three weeks time.

hurrah, service box works today so have the exploded view showing all the cover bolts etc .
Thanks given by: