What does this do?????????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does this do?????????
Hey guys, 

While shining up the engine bay a little, i found this!!!!!

[Image: 5B17F06F-793E-4D82-AA42-EE66F3B9219B.jpg]

The only thing on the car that does not work, are the remote central locking, (as i dont have a fob i believe) and the siren. 

Neither of those worry me, as the car does otherwise work as it should. So what does this do??????? 

It is located infront of the engine bay fusebox.
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Stealth flux capacitor.

Hope you haven't gone over 88mph........
Thanks given by:
Well its a plug and socket so presumably connects things together... Tongue

Must admit, I don't remember seeing that connector on HDi's or GTi6s so might be cabby or age specific, follow the wires to see where they go would be the best bet tbh.
Thanks given by:
That sir, is a mystery

good luck!
Thanks given by:
white wire is broken on the plug!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2016, 07:20 PM)cully Wrote: white wire is broken on the plug!

I think that's why he's asking what it's for lol... Tongue
Thanks given by:
its on xuds as well. well all of ours have it. have never followed it though never needed to
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If it's on XUDs, maybe it's for the fan control box under there? Would make sense with the fan fuses being in that fusebox, and not being on HDi's as they don't use a bitron box...
Thanks given by:
fan controls are self contained on the xud. just an external power and earth
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i will investigate further when i get the chance, but. Everything works on the cabby, except the Siren, and the RCL. the RCL i believe is down to not having an RCL fob, so i wonder if it is anything to do with the alarm?

(01-07-2016, 07:20 PM)cully Wrote: white wire is broken on the plug!

not only is the white wire clearly broken, but the yellow and the red are also very very very suspect. Tongue
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2016, 07:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: fan controls are self contained on the xud. just an external power and earth

Ph2 XUD definitely uses a bitron box under the inner wing, needed to swap it for a HDi to XUD swap. May not use those wires to it though!

(01-07-2016, 07:53 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: i will investigate further when i get the chance, but. Everything works on the cabby, except the Siren, and the RCL. the RCL i believe is down to not having an RCL fob, so i wonder if it is anything to do with the alarm?

RCL should still work by putting the key in the door, whether you have buttons on the fob or not. But that's more likely a door loom.

Don't think it's anything to do with the alarm, the siren wiring shouldn't be easily accessible for obvious reasons lol.
Thanks given by:
It is similar to the EGR plug on my XUD (which is 'accidently' unplugged ) Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2016, 08:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: RCL should still work by putting the key in the door, whether you have buttons on the fob or not. But that's more likely a door loom.

Don't think it's anything to do with the alarm, the siren wiring shouldn't be easily accessible for obvious reasons lol.

The central locking works fine, but i dont have Remote Central locking as i dont have the right fob Smile

EGR on a petrol........ but it is wierd how everything works as it should, but this IS clearly broken.....
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
Oh I see what you mean...having no buttons on the fob would make remote locking difficult lol, I read it wrong.

Do the rad fans work? Fog lights? Follow the wires as it's doing my head in not knowing haha. lol
Thanks given by:
i dont have twin fans Tongue i only have 1 and that works, Smile

fogs work too. as i said, the only thing that does not actually work, is the siren.

I may upgrade to the twin fans, but i cant see the point atm, as mine works fine. As i dont have aircon i cant see the point in adding more fans if it does its job. Smile lol.

i will have a deeper look when the weather improves. I have bought new top mounts and drop links, so i have to spend some time under the wheel arch, it wont add too much time tracing these wires back i hope Tongue
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
see if you can 'nab' a bt oscillator set. will help with wire trace.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
could that not damage any electronics? if not, any one local got anything similar Tongue ...
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 

Thanks given by:
the one I use emits a 1kHz tone, interrupted or continuous. used for tracing pnone ccts in multicore cables.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bt+osc...oQ_AUIBygC
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: