Central locking popping...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central locking popping...
So he pulled the fuse which not only does CL but a bunch of other things, inc radio.
He eventually did as i told him and pulled 17 instead (dedicated cl fuse)...

But when he pulled the first one...inc radio...the radio would come on whem he braked...either driving or stationary

Thoughts!? lol

...and now...
Well.
When first removed f17, which is the CL fuse...it disabled it.

But now, it works again even with f17 pulled
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
lol, more shorting!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
As a general rule, if you've got one circuit impacting another unrelated circuit then it'll be one of two things - a short-circuit or an earth fault.

I'd start by looking where anyone has worked on it previously, as most people seem to be utterly incapable of doing any auto electrical work to a decent standard, including so called "professionals". All too often you'll find that they've bodged something together to fix a symptom and not the underlying cause, and as a result you'll find odd issues like circuits not being fused where they're supposed to be.

Oh, and the door lock modules can and do fail despite what was said earlier. I had to replace two of them on my current 306 when I bought it because they were faulty.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Are you sure the back of the fusebox isn't all just melted together? lol
Thanks given by:
He can control the central locking with fuse out by raising or lowering the front passenger door lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not taking the pee but how good is his wiring? Sounds like the window wire in the door loom is touching the cl wire...
Thanks given by:
Very good actually tbh.
He builds pcs and circuit boards for fun.
To rule it out...he opened all the looms and undid all his work...
No change
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair enough then, should know what he's doing lol!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,096 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,263 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,598 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306