In or out...

Poll: EU,, in or out
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
In
54.29%
19 54.29%
Out
45.71%
16 45.71%
Shake it all about
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In or out...
(23-06-2016, 02:38 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: I can't believe you're daft enough to associate an out vote with racism.

(23-06-2016, 02:51 PM)Orta Wrote: Having spent my formative years in Boston, Lincolnshire a town famous for its 50/50 split English vs Eastern Europeans I can firmly say I'm out.

er, yeah.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 02:14 PM)welshpug Wrote: Because the NHS has been screwed over, my employer is relying even heavier on EU sourced funding as the NHS budgets have been severely cut. £350 million per week to Brussels, £350 million of which could be funding our NHS. 

If we leave, they'll screw the NHS even more, and we'll lose the eu funding, basically I'd be screwed. See above

As for the arguments put forward by the immigrant haters. It's not about hate or racism, it's about control. Look at the country. Net migration is 300k, 600k enter the UK each year, 300K leave. How's that gonna work if it continues?

Fishing destroyed, it destroyed itself. How? We have quotas, so once they're hit our fishermen have to watch other countries sail into our waters and fish it. That works doesn't it?

Immigrants are bad? , yeah, the doctors shortages, NHS England is propped up by 10% of its doctors being foreign. No-one is saying that, skilled immigration is fantastic, we absolutely need it. What we don't need is people that come to the country purely to exploit our benefit system to send the money elsewhere. I am absolutely up for welcoming foreign nationals into the country, in fact I'm part Polish. What I don't agree with is the fraud that takes place both in terms of benefits and earnings. I can't find it now but I read on another forum a discussion that explained that currently an individual can come to the UK, earn, and if they then leave again within X amount of time they can then claim that tax back. So if you play it right you can work tax free too.

I don't know enough about everything you've said to write educated replies so I've picked a couple of bits I know about.

I genuinely think it's gonna be a very close call, my bets are on a 58-42 to remain within the EU.

Personally I think the country will remain broken regardless of the outcome of today. My father in law is a constituency leader within a political group so I keep my views in terms of the general election very private as I simply will not be scare mongered or influenced (I don't vote for the party he represents BTW)

Lets hope either way the country can move on and improve, in all honesty I'm not overly fussed which way it goes today as long as some good comes out of it.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 03:18 PM)welshpug Wrote:
(23-06-2016, 02:38 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: I can't believe you're daft enough to associate an out vote with racism.

(23-06-2016, 02:51 PM)Orta Wrote: Having spent my formative years in Boston, Lincolnshire a town famous for its 50/50 split English vs Eastern Europeans I can firmly say I'm out.

er, yeah.

So if I vote out instead of in, am I then magically a racist?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
TOSELAND IS SITTING AT HOME AT THE MOMENT LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF FOR STARTING THIS THREAD
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 03:11 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

This is immaterial tho because the nation will vote to remain because they favour short term status quo over long term prosperity. For me, it'll just be enough reason to emigrate.

Precisely why im not voting, this country is f*cked either way and will never be 'great' britain again. I'll be upping sticks and going too australia or the USA as soon as life hands me the oppurtunity.

And yes i will be shipping all my worldly possesions with me Tongue Imagine ramping a charged rallye down route 66!!

Oh it goes without saying the Rallye is coming with!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 03:43 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: TOSELAND IS SITTING AT HOME AT THE MOMENT LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF FOR STARTING THIS THREAD

dont give him the satisfaction!
Thanks given by:
I lived in Boston for 2 years back in the day (23 yrs ago) The reason is is now little Poland is because no one wants to do the land work that we all did back then. As with my current career of recruitment, every time I call a British applicant they have applied because the job centre told them to apply for jobs if they want to remain on benefits, not because they want to work. 40% of my applicants are this, which wastes my time and theirs, but they have it to waste.
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:
Well let me pipe in here to say.. welshpug you are a lady garden if you suggest that people who vote out are racists.

Maybe we aren't racists.. Maybe we just are a fan of a democratically elected body being in control of our own affairs.. it's dickheads like you immediatly jumping on the racism bandwagon that has dragged 99% of the bdebate about the true facts into the mud.

Up until your post this was quite a civil discussion. I was just interested.. 

Do you honestly think that if we do leave the eu then all trade simply stops? No more foreign cars from Europe... Nope, bmw, VAG, psa, etc will all simply stop selling them here and lose 30% of theyr profits.. no more food imports.. these businesses that sell in the UK simply don't want our nasty British money any more...

Likewise they will simply be able to go to a home grown European company to get the services they haven't moved to China or the far east already... Oh wait

f*cking clown
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
How many people need to buy new number plates without the EU badge now then?
Thanks given by:
I am over the moon we are out, no more shite from the EU! Looks like my city played a big part, as I think they thought we were going to say stay in!,
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 06:28 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: How many people need to buy new number plates without the EU badge now then?

Ha I was thinking that on the way home last night
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 07:14 AM)Paul_13 Wrote:
(24-06-2016, 06:28 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: How many people need to buy new number plates without the EU badge now then?

Ha I was thinking that on the way home last night

Or you could of just not bought them in the first place. They look shit lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well thats disappointing.

It wasn't being said that an out vote was an instant racism thing, but for alot of people it seemed to honestly play a part in their vote. i.e the lad with the sign saying vote out in front of a lorry with illegal (non eu) immigrants. Which is a shame as it clouded the results against genuine arguments about economic benefits

How long til we end up in the plot for V for Vendetta lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
52% of the country are racist biggots it seems now certain media and organisations are portraying..

Its ok though as dragons will be here shortly to destroy the UK before all business stops and we instantly starve and dehydrate.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
It's not even 52% of the country... 28% couldn't be bothered to vote!!
Thanks given by:

Its ok - just put a sticker of your choice over the EU badge or over the blue panel Smile
Thanks given by:
I think the word welshpug wanted was chauvinist instead of racist but that is still a very un educated accusation in my opinion. There's more reasons than just immigrants/migrants for the leave
Thanks given by:
They reckon alot of the people who didn't vote were probably remain types.

Says alot about the type of person who would have voted remain, lazy, feckless and wont do their civic duty.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 11:08 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: They reckon alot of the people who didn't vote were probably remain types.

Says alot about the type of person who would have voted remain, lazy, feckless and wont do their civic duty.

and that was a massive generalisation if ive ever seen one... stop being so remainist
Thanks given by:
Well the dye is cast, and cammeron is a chicken/coward/lier/opportunist/true blue tory/quiter/self centred/and now unpopular, did he think it thru or was it just a popularity contest for him, thinking he would win hands down and show how "great" he is/was.

The puplic did'nt really know what they where voting for, as the "new conditions" gained by our wonderful leader had not even been voted on, and now they never will be.

The whole affair has been mis managed right from the start in my view. Ride the wave of "supposed" popularity, he was proved wrong.

As to immigration, a little ditty on the tv 2 days ago, an irish foreman on a british building site says " No more immigrants so no more cheap labour, shit we will have to train up our own british people now, shit!!" or word to that effect, especially off camera.

There is a whole army( more than the real army ) of people willing, able, motivated and wanting to be "re trained" to fill skill shortages etc, lets look at them first, then import the skill shortage filling people after?

get rid of this crap government ( past government have been just as crap ), so the real work, which will be hard and a slog, can begin.

rant over.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 11:49 AM)pug306driver Wrote: Well the dye is cast, and cammeron is a chicken/coward/lier/opportunist/true blue tory/quiter/self centred/and now unpopular, did he think it thru or was it just a popularity contest for him, thinking he would win hands down and show how "great" he is/was.

The puplic did'nt really know what they where voting for, as the "new conditions" gained by our wonderful leader had not even been voted on, and now they never will be.

The whole affair has been mis managed right from the start in my view. Ride the wave of "supposed" popularity, he was proved wrong.

As to immigration, a little ditty on the tv 2 days ago, an irish foreman on a british building site says " No more immigrants so no more cheap labour, shit we will have to train up our own british people now, shit!!" or word to that effect, especially off camera.

There is a whole army( more than the real army ) of people willing, able, motivated and wanting to be "re trained" to fill skill shortages etc, lets look at them first, then import the skill shortage filling people after?

get rid of this crap government ( past government have been just as crap ), so the real work, which will be hard and a slog, can begin.

rant over.

As much as I agree with a lot of that. I reckon Cameron did very well to make us the 5th largest economy and get us back on track when all he was left with from labour were crippled banks and billions/trillions of debt. To get Great Britain through two recessions and come out stronger then he's not done so bad. We all have our down falls but I do believe he should be rememberd in a better light than say Blair, brown, thatcher an so on. I just hope that whoever replaces him is fit for the job and not that retarded delusional corbyn
Thanks given by:
One of the lads at work said that, I think the reason behind us all leaving, was due to the people been scared in case we will end up like Greece.

looking at it, I think there will be more countries going to pull out of it now,
David Cameron is just a EU puppet like the rest of them that were in,
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 11:08 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: They reckon alot of the people who didn't vote were probably remain types.

Sorry Chris but that comment just makes you one of these arseholes that cant accept that people may have a different opinion to you. 
The beautiful thing about this country is we get the ability to show our opinion in the form of voting and everyone should respect each others opinions. 
I didn't vote. I would of voted remain however i have been no where near home this week so unable to. 

Its people like you that have been bickering and arguing on social media today because they are either butthurt or get some sort of satisfaction by rubbing it in.
Grow up.

(24-06-2016, 04:54 PM)Chris306 Wrote: As much as I agree with a lot of that. I reckon Cameron did very well to make us the 5th largest economy and get us back on track when all he was left with from labour were crippled banks and billions/trillions of debt. To get Great Britain through two recessions and come out stronger then he's not done so bad. We all have our down falls but I do believe he should be rememberd in a better light than say Blair, brown, thatcher an so on. I just hope that whoever replaces him is fit for the job and not that retarded delusional corbyn

Completely agree with this!
They have not been perfect but Cameron has done a good job considering the shit storm they were left.
People who have been saying Cameron is a coward for stepping down...How so? He fought for us to stay in and he lost. How could he possibly lead the country into something he doesn't believe in? If he stayed, he would of got just as much of a slagging off.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 05:37 PM)Niall Wrote: Completely agree with this!
They have not been perfect but Cameron has done a good job considering the shit storm they were left.
People who have been saying Cameron is a coward for stepping down...How so? He fought for us to stay in and he lost. How could he possibly lead the country into something he doesn't believe in? If he stayed, he would of got just as much of a slagging off.

I agree also - I think Cameron has done pretty good job all things considered especially after the  Broon and Mandy disaster - I also agree he could not stay on.
I hate to think what will happen next with british politics.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 05:37 PM)Niall Wrote:

Sorry Chris but that comment just makes you one of these arseholes that cant accept that people may have a different opinion to you. 
The beautiful thing about this country is we get the ability to show our opinion in the form of voting and everyone should respect each others opinions. 
I didn't vote. I would of voted remain however i have been no where near home this week so unable to. 

Its people like you that have been bickering and arguing on social media today because they are either butthurt or get some sort of satisfaction by rubbing it in.
Grow up.

(24-06-2016, 04:54 PM)Chris306 Wrote: As much as I agree with a lot of that. I reckon Cameron did very well to make us the 5th largest economy and get us back on track when all he was left with from labour were crippled banks and billions/trillions of debt. To get Great Britain through two recessions and come out stronger then he's not done so bad. We all have our down falls but I do believe he should be rememberd in a better light than say Blair, brown, thatcher an so on. I just hope that whoever replaces him is fit for the job and not that retarded delusional corbyn

Completely agree with this!

Indeed...  he would hav ebeen subject to the "you wanted us in now if it doesnt go our way on the negotiations it will be you being spiteful" digs..  

either way its gonna be an interesting ride.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

No you take me wrong, I think we should have a law where people have to vote like you have to fill in a census.
It really upsets me that people laid down their lives so we could have a democratic society and people just can't be arsed to vote.

Yes you might not have been about yesterday, I wouldn't of got to a polling station either but I voted 6 weeks ago by post along with alot of other older people.
Thanks given by:
Hard to know where to start with the web of lies:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/...a-mistake/

Leaving is not pretty, won't even link to the new French border controls that will be coming in.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 10:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

No you take me wrong, I think we should have a law where people have to vote like you have to fill in a census.
It really upsets me that people laid down their lives so we could have a democratic society and people just can't be arsed to vote.

Yes you might not have been about yesterday, I wouldn't of got to a polling station either but I voted 6 weeks ago by post along with alot of other older people.

I work with a lady, she's been here since she was 3, but due to her family situation, she's German (she talks a lot so I kinda zone out when shes on one)

She couldn't vote, but REALLY wanted to. Kinda sad really. Instead of hard working immigrants,  can't we deport anyone that's EVER been on Jeremy Kyle?

But a 72% turnout is still really good, compared to others.
Thanks given by:
Isn't that 72% who were registered to vote?
There will be some people who could of voted but were too lazy or didn't want to
Thanks given by:
Don't you get fined for not registering now?

I hadn't heard of it but one of the assistant heads said a sixth former has already been fined to great amusement by all during our assembly about the subject......
Thanks given by: