Has anyone managed to program a used P3 RF key with PP2000?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone managed to program a used P3 RF key with PP2000?
Hi

Has anyone managed to code a used key on a P3 with a PIN and PP2000? I recall reading darrenjlobb did on an old forum post, just wondering if anyone else has been successful as I also remember reading saying you can't!

I have 1 working key (non RF type) but would like a spare preferably with RF locking!

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Yep, I've done it on three 306's and a 206.
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2016, 09:18 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Yep, I've done it on three 306's and a 206.

Care to share how it's done? I'm wanting to reprogram a new (old) key on my ph3 using pp2000
Thanks given by:
That's encouraging thanks - so I just need a used RF fob, key blank cut and PIN for coding. This isn't for my 306 so I could try it with the spare RF from mine to check it will work. What version of PP2000 are you running?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
(18-06-2016, 09:30 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(18-06-2016, 09:18 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Yep, I've done it on three 306's and a 206.

Care to share how it's done? I'm wanting to reprogram a new (old) key on my ph3 using pp2000

I'll have to do a guide. It's straight forward thought. You'll need the code on the blue card and all the keys with you.

(18-06-2016, 09:39 PM)Tom85 Wrote: That's encouraging thanks - so I just need a used RF fob, key blank cut and PIN for coding. This isn't for my 306 so I could try it with the spare RF from mine to check it will work. What version of PP2000 are you running?

Cheers

Yeah used fob and it must have the little transponder chip inside.

Not sure what version I'm on, pretty old as I've not updated it in three years.
Thanks given by:
OK thanks - I'll give it a go!
Thanks given by:
As above you can do it fairly easily in pp2000 if you have the key card for the bsi fitted. Have programmed keys to my Astor in the past.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you must have the the Pin for the BSI that came with the car, blue bit of plastic card with a scratch off bit that exposes the Pin number.

Without it, you can't reprogram keys.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Luckily you can actually, there is a guy on the internet who can generate them from vin number, I have used him myself before (not confidently) however turned out fine and worked perfectly!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2016, 11:21 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Luckily you can actually, there is a guy on the internet who can generate them from vin number, I have used him myself before (not confidently) however turned out fine and worked perfectly!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

probably the same one I used, seemed to come up trumps though
Thanks given by:
Yep, I've used peugeotcodes in the past with great results.
Thanks given by:
Yeah think it's £20 for the PIN on that site, probably more from a dealer. Used to be a lot cheaper but I think Peugeot have put up their prices...

It is possible to extract the PIN from the BSI itself, by reading the memory chip with a programmer hooked up to a computer - I might have a go since I have a cheap eBay EEPROM reader and fancy a challenge!

Out of 12 306's I've bought over the years for myself and family I think maybe 2 had the actual plastic card with them which is odd since most of them came with the manuals/service book etc..
Thanks given by:
yet to find one of these in a 306...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2016, 05:40 PM)welshpug Wrote: yet to find one of these in a 306...

I had one in my 306 once was in a brown box much the same Tongue

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I'm yet to find one that doesn't come up on PP with a built-in systems interface... Wink

[Image: WLfmgLZ.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ended up using peugeotcodes for the PIN - all good. I knew it was correct PIN because I already had the mechanical key number and it matched that given. Only programmed a spare non RF key for now. When I manage to source a used RF key I'll give it a go and report back if it works!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Managed to source a used RF key and pleased to report it re-programmed successfully with PP2000! Thanks

Btw I just followed Niall's v helpful guide here for the programming http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2752
Thanks given by: