PP2K and DAM help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP2K and DAM help
So about time I got my own PP2K...

Got the usual ebay special.

Software is a joke. Torrent download special burnt to a disc, cutting code out/in, following a chinese video...
Taken a techy geek friend of mine days of work to get going.ruddy nightmare.

Anyway...all seems well...other than it says "ECU not replied" when going via diagbox...
Or with pp2k selected, wants a DAM number...which I've honestly not heard of before and can't find it for the 206, believe its a 5 digit number.

Genuinely think I would have now been better off buying a already functioning laptop with pp2k on...but lesson learnt.

Any help appreciated ThumbsUp Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Why are you going through diagbox? I've never had an issue with PP2k itself.

DAM number is the build code. PP usually shows the area where the code is? I can't remember on the 206 though I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
dam number also known as rp number, i.e build code for certain date.

any copy ive heard of has been a bit of a trial to get working
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2016, 08:02 AM)welshpug Wrote: any copy ive heard of has been a bit of a trial to get working

True there, any copy of car software is a pain! Whether it's a simple ELM cable or a dealer diags software package. I was talking to a computer tech trying to get this damn Ford software to work yesterday and he was struggling with it as well...it's his job so no surprise those of us with little PC knowledge struggle lol.
Thanks given by:
206s you have to ensure as soon as it starts trying to detect the ecu... You need to turn on the ignition, not before, as they seem to only respond to diag requests for the first few seconds, had this issue a few times on 206s.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
DAM number on the 206 is on the b post door shut on a sticker
planet normaly shows where to look Wink

if the sticker is missing you can put the VIN number into service box look for build info, the DAM/RPO number is listed in the car original build data

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
ah ok...

I thought it maybe those 5 numbers...tried them....didnt work.

I only have option to go via diagbox into pp2l
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ignore the first number then try i had an issue with a pug cant remember which and i had to miss the first number

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Yep as above, ignore the first digit. Also if the 206 is similar to the 306, it's a 4 digit code. So on the pic above, it's 0228
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2016, 04:47 PM)BiG K Wrote: Yep as above, ignore the first digit. Also if the 206 is similar to the 306, it's a 4 digit code. So on the pic above, it's 0228

0228 is 24/06/1977 that is incorrect for the 206 Wink

that picture i posted is the wrong code sorry the rpo on that label is 9022 = 22/07/2001 this is for a non CAN 2ltr hdi 206
i have checked the VIN against servicebox and this is correct

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Well either way, you can't bork it, it just won't work LOL
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PP2K Fault Codes Smokey Smokes 8 3,536 21-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Who's the genius with pp2k? thebluepearl 6 1,606 02-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Last Post: thebluepearl