r65 pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r65 pump
Been trying for a while now, can anyone direct me to or have exploded views of these pumps please. Trying to figure out what the pressure regulator does and how.

If when the reg is removed form the pump, will anything shoot out if the ign is turned on and the pump gets primed??

If the engine is cranked with the fuel system plumbed in, will this damage the hp pump and or will anything shoot out.

I have the three o rings as spares that may be replacing when the reg is removed, the green end o ring, the larger black o ring seal for reg to pump, and the tiny white ring that supports a needle?????

Any/all help greatly appreciated, as I would like to remove the reg from the pump to check for dirt/slight blockage, but would appreciate advise/see/know whats there before I take the bugger off.  anxt paranoia etc

I have tried to copy and paste the service box pic etc, but have info as follows:

the larger black ring to seal reg unit to pump face, 3, inj pump gasket, 1033 19 @ 17.6 x 19.6

the tiny white ring, 2, pump reg support ring, 1933 20 @ 3.6 x 6.6

green end ring, 4, inj pump gasket, 1933 18 @ 3,6 x 7

I have seen the green o ring before in a past post regarding the reg unit, showing black crap blocking the reg, but do not know where the white ring goes.  It may have been shown in the green o ring picture but I cant seem to find the thread and cannot remember if the white ring was shown.
Thanks given by:
The pressure regulator is a simple, self-contained solenoid valve, regulates internal pump pressure as the name suggests. If you prime the system without the reg in it will spray diesel everywhere. Cranking it will do the same, not sure why you would want to do that, but it's not likely to cause damage to the pump itself nor are there any pump parts that should be loose inside the pump and liable to shoot out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: pug306driver
Thanks poodle, want to remove the reg to see if any crap there as engine revs slightly the moment it is turned off, and then stops.

Will remove reg and "prime" to make sure, well as much as I can, that no crap is left inside before refitting the reg.

Did some hunting on here last night, started at page 70 and worked forwards.

Have seen a picture of the reg removed, and seen the green end seal as well as the tiny white seal/o ring, so a bit more confident now.

Will post verdict when done.

Also came across a neat diagram showing ecu and its peripheries etc, with pin outs, useful diagram but not in English.
Thanks given by:
My dirty non filter type showing orings pre cleaning. I made a thread recently about the bolts, have new ones ready to go back on.

http://imgur.com/5Zi7VWI
Thanks given by:
The other type of reg.

[Image: IMG_20140320_134940_zpsm5uukx1c.jpg]

Notice this type has a gasket not an o ring on the outer part and this type has a gauze screen around the tip.
Thanks given by: