Stefbeams feedback!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefbeams feedback!
hi all,

As some of you know ive been building beams for awhile now and some of you have been kind to have purchased units from me. Now id like to hear some feedback from either people looking to buy or previous customers. Id like you to be as honest as possible as im always looking to improve the service i provide. If some of you arent aware of how it works ill leave a link to my original thread. 

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...stef+beams

Remember i offer a discount to you oc members on 306 beams and i also do other models but please ask.

Stef Smile
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Hello bud I'm very interested in a beam rebuild as I believe your the right man for the job. I'm moving in 6 weeks so got to get that done then it's all systems go ??

Rofl tried to put 2 smileys but came out as ?? Lol
Thanks given by:
Had a beam done by stef..

The good:

Uses genuine parts
Decent price
Quick turnaround time
Lowers beam properly

The bad:

Paint finish on beam tube could of been better (thin is places & few runs)

Overall: Very happy and will most likely use again
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2016, 07:14 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Had a beam done by stef..

The good:

Uses genuine parts
Decent price
Quick turnaround time
Lowers beam properly

The bad:

QFT: However I am very much function over form so not *that* worried about beam colour as long as its properly sealed etc.

Generally however the beam is excellent and transformed my car's handling and ride immensely even though the new beam is lowered to spec.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Have had a Zx beam go missing in action after a jaunt across country via the dervmafia courier express, but Stef has been on the lookout for a replacement.
Thanks given by:
Stef replaced std GTI6 bars with 21mm bars which He supplied,
set up rear hight, Replaced all shock bolts with New, drive in drive out service

Excellent service
would use him again ThumbsUp

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(13-06-2016, 08:25 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Have had a Zx beam go missing in action after a jaunt across country via the dervmafia courier express, but Stef has been on the lookout for a replacement.

How does anyone lose a beam? They're not exactly small lol!

I helped fit Rowells beam, seems good! Only complaint would be the paint, it was coming off before the beam even made the car, not ideal for rust protection.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2016, 07:14 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Had a beam done by stef..

The good:

Uses genuine parts
Decent price
Quick turnaround time
Lowers beam properly

The bad:

same as matt. all good apart from the paint.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2016, 10:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(13-06-2016, 08:25 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Have had a Zx beam go missing in action after a jaunt across country via the dervmafia courier express, but Stef has been on the lookout for a replacement.

How does anyone lose a beam?  They're not exactly small lol!

Replacing it could prove interesting as they are different to a 306's too! Getting into hen's teeth/rocking horse shit territory nowadays.
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2016, 10:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How does anyone lose a beam? They're not exactly small lol!

No idea, maybe it got lost in a Stef's big pile of beams
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2016, 10:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

How does anyone lose a beam?  They're not exactly small lol!

I helped fit Rowells beam, seems good!  Only complaint would be the paint, it was coming off before the beam even made the car, not ideal for rust protection.

Please remember sams beam had been sitting in his garage for ages before it was even fitted to the car considering it was made for the 5 door aswell.

Arms went missing which i can only apologizes for. Im still looking out for a pair of zx discs arms, I was building 5 beams at once at the time i now label everything to stop this happening again. Sorry tom.

As for paint i know my painting skills arent the best but its done this way to keep costs down.

My question is would you all be willing to pay extra for powdercoating? I can probably say 80% of you wouldnt. I use industrial paint as it is maybe ill start looking for another brand of paint.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
I have my GTI beam done by stef.

I didnt send stef all the stuff and my entire beam was broken (sorry stef!) he turned it around quickly and was fair and flexable. I would recommend,
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Same issues with paint, not so much the quality of it but the application, however I'm not arsed what it looks like tbh.

My issue was the new bolts supplied for the front beam mount were not long enough. They we long enough to all the way through but only went about halfway through the supplied nyloc nut, not even into the plastic part of the nut, so ended up using my old nuts and bolts. Shock absorber bolts were spot on.

Literally just lowered car off stands onto new beam and no issues so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Sam,
this is not the first, i had a issue with my supplier they have labelled 90mm bolts as 80mm. If you would like me to send you some replacement bolts then just let me know. Again with paint im happy to have them shot blasted and powder coated but this would effect the price.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
getting my beam back from the blasters tomorrow. then it'll be a case of wrapping & shipping.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2016, 05:23 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Sam,
this is not the first, i had a issue with my supplier they have labelled 90mm bolts as 80mm. If you would like me to send you some replacement bolts then just let me know. Again with paint im happy to have them shot blasted and powder coated but this would effect the price.

I'm not fussed mate, old bolts weren't that bad, and the beams on now and riding great cheers
Thanks given by:
Spot on beams. All the new bolts and nuts make a nice addition to a normal rebuild.

With regards to most people's comment on paint. At the price Stef charges you normally would get zero paint, bolts or nuts from other builders. Time it takes to paint awkward shit like that it's a bargain.

If you want a powder coated perfect paint you'd be looking at closer to £400+.
Thanks given by: