rigid black plastic fuel ines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rigid black plastic fuel ines
Please could someone advise me please.

The 2 rigid black plastic fuel lines, 10mm feed and 8mm return lines, that appear from beneath the car on the r/h/side, appear to be clipped onto the side inner wing, do they have a quick release coupling?,  and where the pipes form an "s" and then clipped to the engine bracket ( so they can be removed for easy access to cam belt covers?? ") area, are there a quick release coupler there also please??

Has anyone done away with these possible couplers and replaced the short "s" sections with rubber fuel pipes??  

If so, any problems experienced with this mod. I assume the rubber hose marked "fuel" and suitable for "unleaded" is ok to use for diesel, with 2 jubilee or similar clips per "end"???

Also, hdi high pressure pump, is there a guide about this pump in the guides section please, which pump is it please? 2 litre hdi turbo estate ph3 1999/2000
Thanks given by:
the HDi pump will be the R65 bosch pump,

upgrades are R70 which will bolt straight on and a few that wont..

as long as you can stop the ingress of air or egress of fuel suitably rubber lines will be fine.. but it necessitates a proper join to the rubber.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: