Evans Top Gear Se1 Ep2 Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans Top Gear Se1 Ep2 Discussion
What did you think? I genuinely thought 90%+ of it was very very good. Alot better than last week and elEvans has had a kick in pants so was better
Thanks given by:
I thought this weeks was considerably better than last weeks tbh. Smile
Thanks given by:
LE BLANC seems to have more of a lead role than evans. he is much better and really good. some funny moments in this weeks. Enjoyed it really apart from the star in whatever car it was. I dont even remember him driving the track!
Thanks given by:
I quite enjoyed it.
I really like the way it is filmed and always have.

But Eddie fukking Jordan grinds my gears.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I got through the first 20 minutes and the challenge.
As soon as Evans is on I lost interest completely. He's not a likeable chap at all
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'm very old and watched TG from the early days. I'll keep watching it because I'm a petrol head and like many on here will watch any car programmes. But it just all feels a bit wrong and 'limp' without the original line up - can't put my finger on what exactly? I do like the programme as it's about higher end cars, but the 'banter' feels a little uncomfortable and a little awkward at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Now i watch very little tv as it is but top ger i used to watch. I like matt in the first one idnt watch the second as it was to painfull. I feel like they need a few more weeks to get there act together at which point ill probably start watching again
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Evans voice goes right through me and he always seems to be shouting Angry dont like blanc either.
Everything about the show seems forced to me especially the banter.

Dont think ill watch another, shame really.
Thanks given by:
slight hijack here but whats happening with Clarkson and co???
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2016, 12:09 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: slight hijack here but whats happening with Clarkson and co???

Google "the grand tour" will be out later this year on amazon
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
3 words- boring as f*ck!! Apart from Eddie Jordan bashing the merc around lol
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 12:23 PM)NOSE Wrote: I'm very old and watched TG from the early days. I'll keep watching it because I'm a petrol head and like many on here will watch any car programmes. But it just all feels a bit wrong and 'limp' without the original line up - can't put my finger on what exactly? I do like the programme as it's about higher end cars, but the 'banter' feels a little uncomfortable and a little awkward at the moment.

The banter is quite forced and awkward, but they do seem to hit some common ground giving Eddie abit of stick.
I think the lack of interest in the challenges is whats doing it, they just appear to be there for the ride and not really that interested.

The McLaren section was really good, but half of that was watching Evans squirm around.
Leblanc's Nomad piece last week was pretty good IMO, the only bit out of that episode worth watching.

Maybe they should cut down on the challenge stuff for a while until there's some chemistry there??
Thanks given by:
Eughhh, the whole thing seemed like an extended role out of 'stars' in a something or other car, aka the boring bit where i go and make a cup of tea. don't need to see them on challenges throughout the show with a view to plugging their existence. Bore off.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2016, 09:08 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Eughhh, the whole thing seemed like an extended role out of 'stars' in a something or other car, aka the boring bit where i go and make a cup of tea. don't need to see them on challenges throughout the show with a view to plugging their existence. Bore off.

Tried to watch this last night as i had time got to that bit and turned it off lol complety agree
Thanks given by:
I actually didn't mind the off roading bit...though I'm almost certain it was weighed in Mr Tempah's favour lol. I didn't even realise Texas or Steve had new albums out!

I also had no idea who Eddie Jordan was...seems like a pretty poor driver if he used to be a racing driver! I doubt that part was staged as I can't see Merc being pleased about having to repair that lol.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2016, 11:31 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I also had no idea who Eddie Jordan was...seems like a pretty poor driver if he used to be a racing driver!  I doubt that part was staged as I can't see Merc being pleased about having to repair that lol.

He raced a little when he was younger.. but he mainly owned a formula 1 team. I'd say the opposite though, seemed very staged 'Oh he forgot how to raise the ride height, even after we told him' - sure. 

Doubt Merc care about damage etc.. when they essentially got 35 minutes of prime time advertising
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I couldn't even remember it was a Merc, someone mentioned it above, advertising didn't work overly well if that was the idea lol! I do remember it had a tiny engine though...2.1 wasn't it! Confused
Thanks given by:
Yeah 2.2 diesel I think. Have found the actual main show is pretty poor, but the 'Extra Gear' on iPlayer is much better tbh.
Thanks given by:
Needs Button and Matt...

Sack Chris.

Win.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Or just change the presenters from 'Extra Gear' to the main Top Gear presenters. That Rory Reid isn't bad, Chris Harris is awesome as always. Shouty Evans needs to go though, even if he just dialed it back 30% it would be at least more bearable
Thanks given by:
Chris Harris nerds out a little too much for the general public though, they don't really care what brand of brakes or suspension the car is running.
He's quite witty though and has a decent bit of banter.
Thanks given by:
stopped watching before the 'funboy 3' left.
nothing seemed relevant to my driving needs or interests.
for inst. was a prog by Q Wilson on the 205 that persuaded me to get my 1st pug.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
who thinks this will get another series?
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2016, 04:26 PM)procta Wrote: who thinks this will get another series?

not me
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I think it will. I think it will have may more because its the biggest earner for BBC commercial. So despite the fact that a most of the UK doesn't like it, if its popular in other countries, it will stay.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I read on the net earlier there are talks of matt being the main guy, and evans going bye bye, which will help 20000%, but it still wont be as good as old top gear..

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Video 
apparently, this is more entertaining than the new Top Gear
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2016, 06:32 PM)Niall Wrote: I think it will. I think it will have may more because its the biggest earner for BBC commercial. So despite the fact that a most of the UK doesn't like it, if its popular in other countries, it will stay.

They still have to sell it to other countries first though, and they might not be too interested if it's a total turd.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2016, 10:12 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: I read on the net earlier there are talks of matt being the main guy, and evans going bye bye, which will help 20000%, but it still wont be as good as old top gear..

If this is true, it will make it much more bearable. Saw bits of the first one while dealing with my daughter, but me and the Lou sat and watched the second episode last night. Like many others, I can't stand Evans. Matt Le Blanc seems like he fits the bill fairly well, undecided on Eddie, and only saw that silly corvette piece with Sabine, so will reserve judgement on her for now. Haven't seen any of The Extra Gear though.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They did a piece of Evans crying like a baby in the F1 last week.

It was f*cking pathetic
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What? No Evans thread? Danny Wideboy 18 2,235 07-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: procta
  Evans Top Gear Se1 Ep3 Discussion Dum-Dum 5 1,499 12-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Sambarker
  Evans Halshaw 306carter 6 3,363 24-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Pgtips