Jingle Jangle rattle noise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jingle Jangle rattle noise?
My estate has developed a rattle over bumps/potholes etc. But it's not a rattle really it sounds like  jingle bells are stuck under the car? 
Almost like the sound a completely loose jubilee clip would make rattling on an exhaust pipe - but  I've check them all and nothing seems loose? 
Any ideas or obvious things to check, it's a very light musical still jingle...
Thanks given by:
Sounds quite pleasant tbh... lol

Loose exhaust baffle or heatshield I would guess.
Thanks given by:
Do we have heatshields?

I can't recall...
I only have a midbox, does that have baffles in it?
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's a metal heat shield in the middle, and a material one at the back.

I think there are baffles in the midbox yeah, not many but I don't think it's just straight through.

The other thing to cause that sort of noise is a knackered bearing with loose balls, top suspension mount bearing or wheel bearing etc.
Thanks given by:
Made me think of the Top Gear episode where they tied a cowbell to May's motor. Wink

I assume you've checked for rogue cowbells? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2016, 01:33 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Made me think of the Top Gear episode where they tied a cowbell to May's motor. Wink

I assume you've checked for rogue cowbells? lol

It is so close to that sound, I checked underneath no bells found! 
Didn't get a chance for a proper look underneath yet though.
Thanks given by:
Our estate made a noise usually on start up and when shutting down. I checked for a broken exhaust but did not find/see the crack in the front pipe taper joint with the middle section until I crawled under the car. The crack was seen when i jiggled the pipe and saw the crack open up.

Yours sounds like an exhaust related noise, but noises can be troublesome to identify some times.

something broken and tapping the beam tube??
Thanks given by:
Mid-box is a straight-through design. Check stuff like metal vac pipes etc are clipped in properly and not close to anything else. Only times i've seen this before it's always been something inside the car, insecure wheel braces and jacks are a favourite.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
it maybe the r clip holding the drive shaft nut
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2016, 08:57 AM)madmadmax Wrote: it maybe the r clip holding the drive shaft nut

How did I forget that! Yes, that's another common one on 306s and is jingly. Hammer usually solves it lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rattle on lift off? JTaylor2005 9 1,854 01-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  The real cause of injector rattle? JTaylor2005 136 32,728 27-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Injector rattle, boost pressure, and lift off rattle? JTaylor2005 10 2,954 30-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005