front pipe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front pipe
Whilst working under the car today, 306 ph3 2l hdi, I noticed that the joint between the front pipe and cat, and the centre section has a crack, on the front pipe, and has been leaking. Been to the Klarius on line catalogue and seen that the front pipe has the taper joint, and a short stub which fits into the centre section, which is why the joint has not broken completely probably.

Do Klarius or other makers do a non cat straight thru front pipe as a direct replacement??

The rear section was replaced xmas time with a klarius, the centre section was newish when we got the car and is ok, again a Klarius, and i suspect that the front cat section may turn out to be a klarius also.
Thanks given by:
Don't know of anyone other than Hoffman that do a decat straight replacement front pipe tbh.

Oh sorry it's not even Hoffman haha. That was my corsa.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-2-0-...nav=SEARCH
Thanks given by:
Hoffman used to do decats for the HDi.

You'll fail mot with a straight pipe though, better to buy a cheap cat and gut it.
Thanks given by:
They do pop up every now and again.. in all honesty you should be able to get any half decent exhaust place to sort you one for a few quid
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: pug306driver
Made a repair piece and mig welded them on, some more grinding to do and then refit, should last a few more years. Will post a pic when finished prior to refitting.

Have seen cat on europarts, pre 2000 like the car, so will probably invest in that one, not terribly expensive so worth getting I think, but will research straight thru pipe as less to break/cheaper?

When did cats come in on diesels please as a legal requirement?
Thanks given by:
If it was built with a cat, it now needs to (appear to) have one in place for MOT. Reg's changed late 2012 to include that as decats were MOT passable before.

The cheap Klarius cat from ECP will be awful, but it's worth buying to gut out, then no different to a straight pipe but it'll pass MOT without issue.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front mount pipe????? HELP wonkey18 11 2,747 09-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Poodle