Rattle on lift off?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rattle on lift off?
I have like a loud rattle on lift off. Do you guys reckon its probably the aux pulley? I had one of unknown source fitted and it was better condition than my old one but that was about a year ago now. 

If thats most likely the cause whats a good brand one to buy? 

there are loads to choose from on here tbf 
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/cranksha...ery=pulley

Thanks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If it is the bottom pulley a lot change them to the a solid 1 like on the 307s. Have a look at the pulley and see if there is an dust around it and pop the belt off and see how it feels.
Thanks given by:
Will do. So any 307 one will do really? I heard something about them causing lumpy running??
Thanks given by:
One like this be should be ok
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271140727424?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I just got a 2nd hand 1 on mine. I haven't heard about the lumpy running, mine seems ok.
Thanks given by:
Ahh brilliant Smile and they are just direct fit replacements? Thanks mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah straight swap
Thanks given by:
its either cambelt scrubbing the casing or a pulley that needs replacing. Had it on mine. Once cambelt was replaced and pulleys replaced it went away!
Thanks given by:
I dunno what could rattle on a rubber belt though tbf Tongue I would guess at the pulleys more likely tbh
Thanks given by:
Get the drivers front jacked up and take the wheel off. Take the arch liner out, then start the car (make sure it's not in gear and the handbrake is on lol) and watch the pulley yourself. If it's knackered you'll see it jumping about and running off-centre.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nice. Will get that done some time soon. On nights this week. Always feel dead when I'm on nights haha.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jingle Jangle rattle noise? tigerstyle 9 2,098 06-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  The real cause of injector rattle? JTaylor2005 136 32,761 27-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Injector rattle, boost pressure, and lift off rattle? JTaylor2005 10 2,958 30-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005