Fuel/air gauge install

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel/air gauge install
Smile 
Has anyone installed the fuel/air mixture gauge?
If so any guides or tips on installation 
Thanks
Thanks given by:
AFR gauge, yes. Its easy enough but may be difficult on a stock car that uses the lambda. Basically you unbolt the existing narrow band lambda and bolt the wide band in. give it some power and away you go. the issue will come from a stock car needing the lambda to run properly so you will have to splice into it etc.
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2016, 09:35 PM)Eeyore Wrote: AFR gauge, yes. Its easy enough but may be difficult on a stock car that uses the lambda. Basically you unbolt the existing narrow band lambda and bolt the wide band in. give it some power and away you go. the issue will come from a stock car needing the lambda to run properly so you will have to splice into it etc.

Imo a better way would be buy the plug for the exaust so you can weld the fixing for the sensor on
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not sure how you'll fit an afr guage to a DTurbo tbh... Confused
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 07:44 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Not sure how you'll fit an afr guage to a DTurbo tbh... Confused

Didnt even realise what section this was in.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It does work fine on Diesels, however I'd recommend using an LSU4.9D if you do want wideband AFR readings as they are better with the soot content of Diesel exhaust than normal ones.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio Install RetroPug 22 4,140 07-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  CD/Tuner install Earnest Lee 3 1,502 25-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Earnest Lee
  sub install 318d4n 8 2,145 04-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: 318d4n